A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind

HomeHome  AMOTGKAMOTGK  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Alice, does anyone even remember this site? Sad Love, Joan

Pretty Down to Your Bones

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Edward Cullen
Vampire
Edward Cullen

Number of posts : 12
Karma Points : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Pretty Down to Your Bones Empty
PostSubject: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:25 pm

'I mustn't do this. I've got to be stronger. I have to resist...' Edward kept repeating in his head but it was no use. He found himself high up in one of the larger oak trees on the college campus. If he had been focused on his surroundings, he would note the differences in the foliage here to the foliage back home.

'In Forks. Where I should be,' he berated himself for the umpteenth time that day. But he was in no hurry to get out of there.

'Her class should almost be over by now.'

Soon enough, the dismissal bell for afternoon classes rang throughout the campus and in a matter of seconds, the various college students began to make their ways out of the buildings and across campus either to the parking lot or to their dormitories. He shifted a bit forward from his perch, hoping to catch a glimpse of her before she blended in with the rest of the crowd.

'How could she though? Her hair is practically bright red and not hard to miss unless you're blind.'

His breath caught when he finally saw her.

The object of his rejected affections.

The figure who tormented his thoughts more than should be allowed.

His ex-girlfriend.

Joan Taylor.

He crawled back into his perch, watching her make her way through the crowd. Someone called her name nearby and she turned with a beautiful smile to greet her roommate Kate Jay. Instantly, Edward's insides curled up defensively. He didn't like her roommate one bit.

Kate Jay partied. She drank. She had sex freely. She was bisexual. And she was always with Joan.

Edward grunted a bit in disgust when Joan laughed loudly at one of Kate Jay's crude jokes. 'Why can't I be the one making her laugh? I used to be able to. What happened? Oh right, Vic,' he snorted in disgust, 'And yet, she's still single.'

He was a bit surprised when Victor had broken up with Joan two weeks after she moved. The reason why? Victor played for the same side. 'Disgusting,' was Edward's only comment on the situation.

'She deserves better. Better than Victor. Better than Kate Jay. Better than...' He didn't dare finish the sentence; he only continued to watch the redhead as she made her way downtown to go have a good time without her knowing he was there watching her every move.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 788
Karma Points : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:32 pm

'Having fun?' Alice thought sarcastically as she landed lightly on the branch Edward was on. 'God, Edward, I thought Jasper and Emmett were watching you. What happened? It was all so sudden...'

She looked at the crowds, looking for the same person he was, and smiled when she found Joan. 'You know, if you don't stop this, I might have to....' she mused, creating different scenarios in her head. All of the same thing: Alice biting Joan. She'd never really do it, but it was fun to watch Edward's facial expressions.
Back to top Go down
http://missalicecullen1901.wordpress.com
Edward Cullen
Vampire
Edward Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Edward gritted his teeth at the image of Alice biting Joan. "Stop it," he hissed, "Stop it and leave. I'm not doing anything wrong here."

'Lies, lies, lies. That's all I've been telling myself, hoping they would come true,' he thought, 'Maybe, if I lie to myself about Joan actually taking me back, she will. And she'll never be out of sight so I wouldn't have to worry and come find her, which brings Ms. Kooky Lady along with me.'

Edward told Alice, "Go home. Jasper's waiting for you. Why would you make your mate wait?"
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 pm

'Because I'm worried about you. Jazz understands why I'm here. Hell, he's probably hunting with Em. He doesn't miss me that much. Please come home, Edward. Esme and Carlisle miss you. We all do,' Alice held out her hand hopefully. 'And you are doing something wrong- you're hurting yourself emotionally.'

She glanced out at the crowd of people once more, doing some people watching more than stalking Joan.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen
Vampire
Edward Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Edward sighed, leaning back against the trunk of the tree. 'I'm so messed up. I can't figure anything out. I just... I want... I don't...'

"I miss her," he muttered, unaware that he had just spoken out loud. 'Why couldn't she stay in Forks for a little longer so I could explain myself? Give her a reason to take me back. She wanted us to be equals in the relationship, right? I could give her that... Couldn't I?'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:49 pm

"I miss her, too," Alice murmured as she placed a consoling hand on his shoulder. 'BUt you have to move on, Edward, what about Bella? Don't you know what you're doing to her, going away like this? She knows where you're going, and it kills her that she's not enough for you. We're going home. Now,' she glared at her brother menacingly.

Alice gripped Edward's arm, planning to drag him on the ground if need be. 'We're going to have a talk. One where I can speak and not worry about being overheard by college students.'
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen
Vampire
Edward Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Edward yanked his arm back, turning back to watch the dispersing crowd of students, "I said LEAVE. And Bella... Bella loves me but I do not love her. She knows that. She's only staying around so I'll return her affection or something..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 pm

"I'm not going without you," Alice snapped. "Who knows what you'll do if left alone? NO way. I'm staying with you. Don't make me get Jazz to help me babysit you. You're being immature and selfish, and someone needs to bring you back to reality. I think I'll do the honors."

After this mini-tirade, Alice sighed and looked around at her surroundings, taking everything in. She curled her small hands into fists to keep from killing Edward, who she thought was being a spoiled brat.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen
Vampire
Edward Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Edward turned to glare at her, "I didn't ask you to stay here or lecture me. I am old enough to be left on my own and make my own decisions. I can deal with the consequences. I have a reason to be here. You really don't. So just leave already, Alice. I'm not going anywhere."

'God, why is she being such a pain in the neck? I haven't even done anything!' he thought defensively.

'Except creep on your ex-girlfriend in hopes of getting your affection returned,' the voice of reason spoke up from the corner of his mind.

'Oh just shove it,' he thought bitterly, blocking out the voice, 'I haven't done anything. I'm harmless. Watching Joan is for her own good. She is only human, after all.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 pm

"Then I'm not going anywhere either," Alice crossed her arms resolutely. "Just because you think that now, doesn't mean you won't change your mind. And I can't run across a whole country that fast."

She looked away sadly, wondering she went wrong as a sister to let him get so obsessed with a girl. 'I think you need help, Edward. Don't make me go to Carlisle for you.'
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen
Vampire
Edward Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Edward closed his eyes, muttering, "I'm not upset. And I don't need Dad's help. I don't need anyone's help. I'm fine!"

'Why won't you just go away already?!'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 pm

"If you're fine, then why are you stalking Joan all hours of the day?" Alice demanded. "I think it'd benefit you greatly to talk to Carlisle, he can help you understand your feelings. Please, Edward, just come home with me. We miss you."

'Think of Esme at least, do you know how much you're hurting Mom by being away all the time?' she added silently.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen
Vampire
Edward Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Edward turned and glared fiercely at his adopted sister, "How would Dad know how I feel? He's never been rejected. He's married to the love of his life. How would he understand what I'm going through? And I'm trying to keep Joan safe! She at least deserves that."

He went quiet before whispering, "Mom wouldn't understand either. No one does. That's why you're all yelling at me to come back home. Because at home, I'm just Edward Cullen, another member of the perfect Cullen family.

"Why can't I stay here and be with Joan? I want to be able to live on my own, be near the one I..." He trailed off, not able to say the word on his mind. He didn't dare speak it because it didn't know if it was true.

'It could just be another lie I'm telling myself...'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 pm

"Edward, you're deluding yourself," Alice commented softly. "You're not with Joan, not really. You can't go on like this, watching Joan live her life, knowing you'll probably never be a part of it. How are you going to deal when she dies? Better to leave her alone. She doesn't need you to keep her safe."

She jumped lightly down from the tree, taking great care to not be seen by anyone. "I'll be around. Find me when you feel like talking." With that, she walked off, no idea where she was headed.
Back to top Go down
Jasper Hale
Vampire
Jasper Hale

Number of posts : 47
Karma Points : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Jasper was pacing in his and Alice's bedroom, wondering where the hell Alice was. She just froze and left, saying she'd explain later. That was three hours ago. 'Where is she?' he worried endlessly, imagining situations in which Alice got hurt. 'No, she can take care of herself,' he told himself firmly.

He ignored Emmett's invitations to go hunting, worried that Alice wouldn't be able to find him.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 4:22 pm

While wandering the streets of wherever the hell Edward had taken her, Alice pulled out her cell phone and called Jasper, knowing that despite whatever she had told Edward, Jasper was probably freaking out.

"Alice?" Jasper picked up on the first ring.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for just leaving like that," she said, "but Edward needs me, he's being an idiot over Joan. I'll be back soon. Love you Jazzles. Bye."

Alice hung up sadly, not knowing whether or not she could keep her promise to him. 'I hope I can convince Edward to stop being a creeper soon.'
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

Number of posts : 354
Karma Points : 360
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Joan walked the streets of downtown with her best friend, Kate Jay whose arm was snug around Joan's waist. Kate Jay was dishing on the latest college scandal like they were back in high school.

"... And then, they were found doing the same position on his desk! Can you believe it?!" Kate Jay emphasized with mock disbelief, which instantly made Joan laugh uncontrollably.

Joan wiped away a few tears that had come with the laughter, asking, "How the HELL do you even hear about this stuff? I didn't even know Mark and Jane talked!"

Kate Jay shrugged sheepishly when suddenly, Joan tensed up and stopped walking, causing Kate Jay to look back at her best friend. Noticing her best friend's troubled expression, she asked, "What's wrong, baby?"

Joan didn't even crack a smile at the mock pet name; instead she whispered a bit horrified, "What is she doing here?"

Kate Jay turned to see a young girl, pixie like with black hair, standing a few feet in front of them on her phone.

"Who's that?"

Joan bit her lip, taking a while to answer her friend's question. Her head swam with explanation after explanation as to why the vampire was here. 'Did something happen in Forks? Did something happen with the Volturi? Why is Alice here all of a sudden and without notice?'

Finally, she answered, looking in Kate Jay's blue eyes, "Alice. Alice Cullen."
Back to top Go down
http://uglylipstick.wordpress.com/
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Alice knew Joan had seen her, but didn't turn around, lost in her thoughts. 'Damn, she probably want a really good reason for me being here, and I don't think Edward's stalking should be revealed....not yet, at least. Maybe I'll tell her...I'm having issues with Jasper, so I'm wandering the country, soul-searching. I think that will do nicely....except she knows Jazz and I never fight...oh well, it'll cover Edward's smell that much better.'

She debated whether or not to turn around, then decided to wait until Joan approached her. 'I don't want to force my presence on her...'
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Joan wasn't sure how to approach Alice. 'It's been almost a year and she's only visited like twice and that was near the beginning of the year... What's going on?'

But before Joan had the chance of stepping towards the pixie vampire, Kate Jay was already shaking her hand and giving a bright smile, saying, "Wow, it's so nice to finally meet you Alice! Joan's told me so much about you and the other times you came to visit I was always out, you know, getting down with my bad self."

Joan chuckled as she walked up towards the blond, smiling at Kate Jay's easy going attitude with her former best friend. 'Well, since I've moved from Forks, we haven't really kept in touch...'

Kate Jay continued, "Oh, I love your hair! Such a fresh style that never goes out of season. You're still in high school, right? Joan said you're a year younger than her. How'd you get here during the middle of the school year?"

Joan tensed up a little at her friend's intuition, 'Shit, forgot how brainless Kate Jay isn't, even though she looks like she would be.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:46 pm

"Wow, it's so nice to finally meet you Alice! Joan's told me so much about you and the other times you came to visit I was always out, you know, getting down with my bad self."

"Hello," Alice answered politely, smiling, "The infamous Kate Jay, yes?"

"Oh, I love your hair! Such a fresh style that never goes out of season. You're still in high school, right? Joan said you're a year younger than her. How'd you get here during the middle of the school year?"

"We had a day off, teacher's workshops," she smiled breezily, not quite accustomed to Kate Jay's rapid fire questions. 'God, is this the third degree? I feel like a criminal! Well, I kinda am...but only because of Edward!'
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Joan was about to take a deep breath when Kate Jay accused Alice, "Don't lie, girlie. I know the truth."

'Nuh uh... There is no way...'

Kate Jay's expression turned from serious to playful, a huge grin on her face, "Skipping's healthy every once in a while. High school is so suffocating. But jeeze, jumping from coast to coast... what do the old folks think about it?"

Joan shot Alice a sympathetic look, unable to intervene. 'Or else Kate Jay will know something's up. Just go with it, Alice please. She'll give up after a while.'

Kate Jay tugged on Alice's arm, forcing the vampire to walk with her down the street, Joan on Kate Jay's other side.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:18 pm

"Skipping's healthy every once in a while. High school is so suffocating. But jeeze, jumping from coast to coast... what do the old folks think about it?"

"Mom and Dad are cool with it," Alice shrugged as Kate Jay tugged her arm. "As long as my grades are good, I can do whatever. They're chill."

'Wow, I'm being abducted by a crazy college student that Edward hates. COOL!' Alice grinned inwardly, secretly thrilled at upsetting Eddy boy.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Kate Jay pushed her hair over her right shoulder, almost whacking Joan in the face, which made the redhead grin and chuckle at her best friend's loose behavior. Kate Jay grinned in return, linking fingers with her before turning back to Alice.

Kate Jay asked, "So what are your plans for the day? Joanie baby and I were hoping to stop by the coffeehouse and check up on Alexster before we head off to a club 'til curfew. Do you want to come or is that too wild for you, Ms. No Rules?"

Joan smiled a bit uneasily; she knew exactly what Kate Jay was doing. 'She's being overprotective again. She doesn't like sharing. And just because she's being all smiles and laughter with Alice, as soon as it comes down to Alice wanting to talk to me, which I know Alice will, Kate Jay won't let her. Why?'

Joan looked down at the ground for a moment in thought, before staring forward blankly, a sad smile on her face, 'Because Kate Jay doesn't like it when people from Forks visit. Not since Vic came and broke my heart.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:34 pm

"Sounds fun," Alice smiled shyly, wondering what she was getting herself into. 'Oh God...what am I doing?' She said loud, "I didn't really have plans today, just check out a couple of colleges for Mom and Dad, but that can wait."

She glanced over at Joan, well aware that Kate Jay could be a formidable obstacle in Alice's talking to Joan. 'Just enjoy the ride for now, Al,' she reasoned with herself, 'You DO get to chill with college kids...'

'Yeah, who are HALF your age!' the reasonable voice in Alice's head shot back.

Last edited by Alice Cullen on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Joan saw Alice glance over at her and gave her a reassuring smile, 'There are ways to evade Kate Jay... I'll just feel horrible afterwards.'

The trio made their way down into the hidden coffeehouse and Kate Jay instantly bounded over to Alex, who was working behind the latte machine, currently making a customer's order. But that didn't stop Kate Jay from leaning over and planting a big, wet kiss on Alex's cheek, "Hey, cutie!"

Alex grinned back, ignoring his glaring assistant manager and said happily, "I was wondering when you and Ginger would get her." He passed the latte to the somewhat perturbed customer, who walked out a bit quicker than normal.

Kate Jay shrugged, asking, "So how goes the rush?"

As Alex and Kate Jay conversed, Joan hung back, although still holding Kate Jay's hand so the blond wouldn't know she was doing anything behind her back (quite literally), and spoke quietly to Alice, almost inaudible, "Tell me what's going on now. This may be our only chance to talk."

'Hopefully, she heard that,' Joan added nervously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Down to Your Bones   Pretty Down to Your Bones Empty

Back to top Go down

Pretty Down to Your Bones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind :: World :: Anywhere Else-
Jump to: