A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind

HomeHome  AMOTGKAMOTGK  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Alice, does anyone even remember this site? Sad Love, Joan

Handsome Up To Your Skin

Go down 
+2
Rosalie
Alice Cullen
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 788
Karma Points : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:37 pm

"They're one hundred percent reliable," Alice fibbed a little. "Life's all about risk taking, is it not? I know it sounds idiotic, but I really don't care at this point."
Back to top Go down
http://missalicecullen1901.wordpress.com
Chase Specter
Human
Chase Specter

Number of posts : 69
Karma Points : 69
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Chase stopped laughing for a moment and stared at the vampire seriously. Instead of mocking the vampire further, he decided to take the mature approach and question her method of thinking with logic, "Well, if you saw in your visions that we're destined for each other, then why are you the only one here willing to go along with it?

"If we really were destined for each other, we'd have to build a healthy, functioning relationship. And right now, you're asking me to run away with you, in the context of this situation. How would that work if I've pledged loyalty and duty to kill your kind?

"We're sworn enemies no matter what way you look at it. And don't pull any Romeo and Juliet crap because we all know how that happy love story ends."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

Number of posts : 354
Karma Points : 360
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 pm

-Meanwhile over on the East Coast-

Joan's phone rang loudly, in a shrill tone that told Joan the call was from an unknown number. She picked it up, examined the caller ID briefly, and answered with a short, businesslike tone, "Hello?"

"Joan?"

Joan let out a surprised gasp; why the HELL was Carlisle Cullen calling her at nine in the evening? Something must have happened to Alice or Edward that they couldn't contact her themselves.

"Dr. Cullen?"

"Yes, I'm uh sorry to call you at such an inconvenient time-"

"No, it's not at all inconvenient as it is surprising. Is there something wrong?"

Carlisle chuckled lightly, probably amazed by the human's intuition, "In a way. But perhaps you could prevent it?"

"... It's on the other side of the country, isn't it?"

"I'm afraid so. Would that be a-"

"Not at all... Except for the fact that I'm on the East Coast."

"Right, well Edward should be there in-" The doorbell rang at that precise moment, like it had been called upon to.

"You vampires and your exact timing..." Joan muttered under her breath as she trudged down the stairs.

"We've spent centuries practicing it."

Joan grinned at the elderly Cullen's joke as she glanced up at the clock, noting her father wouldn't be home for another two hours. 'Got only four minutes to save the world,' she mused cynically as she opened the front door.

Edward commented as he held out his hand, "Trust me, I'm sure you'll have less time than that."

Joan gave him a threatening look before grabbing her jacket and keys off the coat hanger, sending a quick text to her father, saying she'd be out late and not to wait up for her before she took Edward's hand and they sped off to the other side of the country.

-In Port Angeles-

"So... What the hell am I doing here?" Joan asked, cursing herself for being so stupid as to not asking that question in the first place before she was whisked off back to her old hometown.

Edward replied vaguely, "This will work better if you have little to no information on the situation."

"You say that for your benefit but just wait until I get done with you, then you'll be practically gushing details."

"Threatening a vampire, Ms. Taylor? Do you think that is wise?"

"Well, I'm not going to die anytime soon since you so desperately need me for this thing."

"Point. Just..." Edward trailed off, taking a deep sigh as they stopped a couple blocks away from where Alice and the hunter were. "Go," he pushed the human towards the club, "You'll find Alice soon enough."

Joan rolled her eyes, chiding Edward for implying that she and Alice had some sort of psychic bond and knew exactly where the other was.

'That only works one way, stupid,' she thought as she started walking. But as she begin to think about Alice, her feet had a mind of their own and began to lead her down the street.

'What's wrong with Alice that she needs my help so badly after hours?'
Joan yawned lightly, 'I mean, she's a freaking vampire. What could've she gotten herself into now?'

Her feet turned into the mouth of a seedy alleyway where Alice and a blond man stood, facing each other, ready to fight with a body between them. Joan paled for a minute, thinking the man was dead but saw he was breathing slowly, still alive.

Joan let out a deep sigh, causing the attention of the man and Alice to turn to her. The man seemed almost shocked to see her there but Alice looked so happy like she wasn't in some dangerous situation.

That's when Joan noticed something gleaming out of the man's sleeve.

'Oh no,' her heart began to pound, 'He's going to kill her. No, no, no!'

In a matter of seconds, the redhead threw herself in between the man and Alice, hoping to prevent any physical confrontation.

She asked Alice over her shoulder, "What's going on here?"
Back to top Go down
http://uglylipstick.wordpress.com/
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Alice grabbed Joan's shoulders and pulled the human behind her until Alice was standing in front of Joan. "Nothing's going on Joanie, just that a certain mind reading vampire decided to run crying to his daddy. I really wasn't in any danger."

She looked over at the hunter, deciding what to do now, 'He won't hurt Jo, she's human. He could try to hurt me, but it's two against one. Should I go home or try to use this temporary safety?'

Alice glanced back at Joan and leaned over to whisper almost silently in her ear, "I think I'm destined for this guy, not Jasper. It wasn't Jasper I saw, it was this guy. Please help me win him over? He's a hunter, so he won't just go along with it."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Joan looked at her friend incredulously and whispered, "Are you out of your mind?! He could very well kill you right now, Alice!

"What do you want me to do? Ask if you want to be staked now or after the honeymoon? I mean, have you even thought this through? This is dangerous!"

'I'm not trying to be condescending or anything but this is a bit out there, even for Alice, the future-seeing vampire. Let's hope she'll be rational and walk away while she has the chance... If that chance hasn't already passed by yet.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:05 pm

Alice gripped Joan by the shoulders and looked into her eyes, "Joan. I know what I'm getting myself into, and I know it's messy. But I have to, Joanie. I tried thinking of all the possible consequences, but I can't see half of them 'cause of the wolves, and humans aren't as clear for me."

She glanced over at the hunter, then back at Joanie. "I think we should go and talk about this at home, I have my reasons, but they're pretty...unbelievable."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:17 pm

"Wait... So you decided tonight to go out and find out the second deadliest enemy of your race because you saw that you would fall in love with each other, which led to a deadly stalemate between the both of you outside a freakin' nightclub.

"And this led to your brother running from coast to coast just to bring me back here and 'mediate'? And now you want to go home and discuss it?" Joan asked a little too loudly, a bit frustrated by the entire absurdity of the situation which her friend had not so cleverly put them both in.

Joan asked harshly, "And how do you expect us to get out of here without dying? I mean, this entire time while you guys were 'talking it out' or what-not, he could've been phoning in some of his buddies to help finish the job. I mean, honestly Alice. What is going through your head? Please. Tell me."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Alice grimaced at the chastisement, well aware that she deserved it. "Joan...I have no idea what's going through my mind, it's all very confused and blurry, and sometimes nonexistent! I think....I think there is something very, very wrong with me," she let out a shaky breath. "And Edward didn't have to run crying to you, I would've won, I saw that."

She looked away, "Maybe I did belong in the asylum, maybe I should just go to Italy..." Alice noticed Joan's expression, "And I swear, if you tell Jasper..."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Joan softened a bit at her friend's distress state. She put a reassuring hand on Alice's forearm, saying in a gentle tone, "I'm not telling Jasper anything. I mean, the person you should be worrying about is Edward. With his stupid power, he's probably gotten this entire situation more out of hand than it already is, which is saying something.

"But you shouldn't get depressed about all this. I mean, everyone thinks they'll have a predestined love, that they'll grow old with someone by their side. That doesn't mean you should risk your life for this love on a whim! And really, if he's not going to accept you for the wonderful person you are, then he's not worth it. In any way possible.

"Besides, you have a family who loves you, a husband who adores you... Would you really throw it all away on the slim chance that this... this hunter guy maybe will return your affection if he doesn't decide to stake you soon?

"C'mon, Alice. Think about this reasonably. It may be love but even love involves a little common sense."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:43 pm

"Joan...I'm not sure Jasper adores me anymore," Alice whispered sadly. "He's going to have an affair with Maria, I had a vision last night. It's was so awful," she covered her eyes with her hands, trying to block out the memory. "I mean, I didn't get this-" she pointed at the small scar at the base of her neck, "for nothing. I got it from Jasper because I honestly believed we'd be together forever," Alice laughed bitterly.

"And I decided I'm going to Volterra if he goes through with it, but first I'm filing a legal divorce."

Back to top Go down
Chase Specter
Human
Chase Specter

Number of posts : 69
Karma Points : 69
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Chase looked on, bewildered. He hadn't been expecting another human to happen upon their meeting. Especially a human who knew that the vampire was a vampire, wasn't scared of that fact (at least visibly), and was apparently trying to reason with the vampire out of this situation.

'Smart girl,' he mused quietly, 'It's probably the red hair. But she shouldn't be around the vampire. At. All. They've probably promised her eternal life in return for whatever she had to offer. Got to get her out of the way.'

In a flash, he had pulled the human behind him, taken out three needle stakes from his sleeve, and thrown them at the vampire, pining her to the brick wall behind her, and making her practically immobile.

He said quietly, "I'm through here, vampire. It matters not if we'll fall in love, my duty comes first: protecting innocents like the pet you're keeping around." I gestured to the girl behind me, who looked absolutely befuddled and pissed off at the same time.

'This is not going to end well... For them at least,' he said with a smirk as he turned back to the vampire. "So, any last words?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Joan gritted her teeth as she watched how in one fluid motion she had been pulled away from Alice and Alice had been pinned to the wall, looking helplessly in pain. She stood behind the hunter, out of breath, when she heard him ask, "So any last words?"

'What?! No!' She tackled the blond from behind, causing both of them to tumble to the ground. She gave him a good whack in the back, which knocked the breath out of him but in the blink of an eye, she was underneath the hunter with him holding her hands above her head, breathing heavily.

'Well, this is... compromising,' she said as she felt a deep blush flush through the tips of her ears before she managed to breath out, "Please... hear me out. Don't kill... Don't kill her."

'This is worth a shot. And if it doesn't work... I'm sorry, Alice. I tried,' she reasoned in her head. She looked the hunter straight in his piercing eyes before saying, "Alice isn't what you think she is. She is the most caring, loving creature I've ever met in my life and wouldn't harm any human ever.

"I mean, really. You're hunting a bunch of mythical creatures who, on an off-chance, actually exist when you could be helping out with the police forces in hunting down criminals who wish to harm innocents.

"And the vampires really do keep to themselves, at least the Cullens do. They try to blend in with humans, to live the normal life that they forgot they had. There's nothing wrong with that! They aren't out to hurt anyone, especially not Alice.

"I'm not asking you to fall in love with her right here on the spot... but at least give her a chance. Get to know her based on what she does, not who she is. That really defines who you are, doesn't it?"

Joan took a deep breath through her nose, feeling the pressure on her wrists and stomach (where he was sitting conveniently) tighten briefly in agonizing pain before being slowly released as he stood up.

The hunter said nothing, only gave her a longing stare before walking out of the alley and disappearing into the night.

Joan took a shuddering breath as she sat up quickly, rubbing her sore wrists. 'Jesus, he was strong for someone who looked so frickin' slim. Well, once again, the human saves the day and the vampire... Oh Alice!'

She shot up onto her feet, despite feeling some soreness from where Chase had pinned her down and walked over to Alice, who looked like she was dying. Carefully, she extracted the three, slick needles from her elbows and her stomach, tossing them to the side. Jesus, what do they coat these things with?

Joan said breathlessly, "You owe me... big time... again."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:32 pm

"I know," Alice winced as she felt the burn in her elbows and stomach from the oly water. "And thank you." She hugged her best friend. "Can you stay the night? I did promise you an explanation for this whole mess. If you can't, then I can always talk as I drive you back to the East Coast."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Joan took a deep breath and dug through her pockets for her cell phone. 'Maybe, I misplaced it?' She looked around on the ground for it but it was nowhere in sight. A thought occurred to her and her eyes narrowed, 'No way. That prick didn't...'

But as she continued to search for her phone like it was a missing limb, the thought became more and more prominent until she finally hissed, "That bastard!"

She sighed grumpily, turning to her friend with a sour look and said, "I'll have to stay since I have no way to call home at the moment and it's probably two in the morning over there so driving would be pointless, no matter how fast you drive. I'll just... call when we get to your house."

'I can't believe that little sneak took my phone while he was...' She blushed at the thought of their compromising position again, 'Dumb bastard. But why would he want my phone?'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Alice grinned, "SLEEPOVER!" She grabbed Joan's hand and walked to Edward's car. "Edward, we're alive. Let's just go home now, and don't you dare give me any lectures on common sense. And do any of the others know?"

Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm

"Only you, me, Joan and Carlisle," Edward answered shortly as he began to drive to the Cullen household, "And give me one good reason why I shouldn't lecture you on common sense?

"What you did was reckless and stupid and could have severe consequences! Think of the rest of your family, of me, of Jasper! I mean, what were you-"

"That's ENOUGH, Edward," Joan cut in sharply, "And you are the last person to be talking about falling in love recklessly. Just enjoy the fact that she's still alive and will live to see another day."

"Unless he brings back-up."

"Unless you stop being an asshole about safety," Joan said, crossing her arms as she leaned back in her seat, staring at the scenery whizzing by, "You can't control what Alice can or can not do. You may give your unadulterated opinion from time to time but you have no say in whether or not it will affect her actions."

"Well, that's what I was doing until you so rudely cut me off!"

"Do you think she really wants to listen to you patronizing lecture her right now?" Joan said as the car slowed to a stop in front of the house. She stepped out of the shiny Volvo and slammed the door in a huff.

Edward was right on her heels, following her up to the front door, "Patronizing? I am not in the least bit- Hey, are you even listening to me?"

Joan stopped abruptly and turned around to face him, saying, "I am two thousand miles away from home in an old hometown filled with past and painful memories. I am here because one of my supernatural friends was in great danger. I helped save her from that impending danger and what do I get?

"A fucking LECTURE from her 107 year old brother who wishes nothing but to be right and told so. So please, enlighten me on why I should listen to a word you have to say to me."

Joan and Edward glared at each other for a while until Edward broke away, walking inside, muttering something along the lines of "stupid harpy".

'Well you're an ASSHOLE, Edward Cullen!' Joan screamed in her head as she took a deep breath, wiping away a few angry tears before asking her friend who had been watching the interaction solemnly from behind, "Can I borrow your phone, Alice?"
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Alice watched the exchange between Edward and Joan silently, feeling immensely guilty, but agreeing with Joan. 'Edward, lighten up,' she told him mentally. Just be happy I didn't go to the Volturi after what I saw!'

"Sure, Joanie," Alice handed over her phone to the human. "And I really am sorry Edward made you come out here."

Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 pm

"Thanks," Joan whispered softly with a forced smile, "And it's not your fault your brother's a complete jerk wad about certain things, most of which aren't even his concern."

She dialed in her father's phone number and told Alice as she covered the receiver with her hand, "I'm going to stay out here and talk to my dad... I'll see you in there."

She watched her friend go in silently before turning back around to face the beautiful, green forest and sat on the steps. 'God, I didn't mean to blow up like that. But he deserves to be told every once in a while. Everyone does. Some people just take it better than others.'

Her father finally picked up; his voice sounded heavy and tired, "Hello?"

"Dad?" Her voice cracked a bit from the emotions overwhelming her at the moment. She took a deep breath before continuing, "It's me, Joan."

"... Joan?"

"Yeah, Dad. I uh-"

"What the HELL were you thinking?!"

Joan was taken aback; granted it wasn't the first time he had yelled at her but it was such a rare occurrence that she wasn't used to it. She tried to speak up, "Dad I was just-"

"You were just what, Joan? Thinking it was a smart idea to skip a day of school that could very well provide you a job and a home so you could fly out to Forks and visit with old friends? I mean, honestly? I thought I raised a daughter who had more common sense than that."

"I do have common sense!" Joan snapped angrily back in the phone, feeling boiling anger bubble in her stomach, "I have enough common sense to realize when a friend's in enough trouble that she needs my help and can only trust me, the smart thing to do would be to be there for her!"

"... Who was in trouble that it couldn't wait til the weekend?"

Joan bit her tongue, preventing her from saying, 'Alice was about to be killed by a vampire hunter'; it would've blown hers and the Cullens' cover and Edward would have a justifiable reason to kill her. Or at least lecture her.

She fibbed a bit, "Jessica... needed someone to go with her to the abortion clinic that wasn't her boyfriend or her parents."

"And you were her first choice? All the way over on the East Coast?"

She laughed a bit, feeling herself slowly tear up by how stupid and reckless and awful she felt about lying to her dad about all of this, "Yeah, isn't it crazy? I mean, when I said yes and rushed over to the airport, I didn't think the next flight to Seattle would be in the next 30 minutes...

"So I dipped into my emergency stash and jumped on the plane..."

There was a pause of unbearable silence and for a second, she thought her dad hadn't bought it. But then he said in an apologetic voice, "Oh sweetie, I wish you had at least called me at the airport to tell me the plans. I'll write a note about a family emergency when you get home...

"Do you want me to check your planner to see if you have anything big coming up?"

"That'd be great, Dad. Thanks," Joan said softly, barely able to hear her own voice. Guilt rushed through her veins and her stomach somersaulted painfully. 'I hate lying to him. He's the only one who's never done me wrong. I hate myself. I'm so stupid.'

The tears came faster and faster as the guilt sank in deeper. Joan was never one for lying; she always gave it straight, no matter whose feelings she hurt. But her dad? The man who raised her and cared for her and loved her? He was a totally different story.

Her father came back on the phone and she took a shuddering breath, trying to suppress the sobs in her throat; he told her, "Nothing major coming up but you wrote down your play-writing professor hinted at an upcoming speech."

"Thanks Dad..." She swallowed dryly, "I've gotta go. Jessica needs me. I... love you."

"Love you too, sweetie. Call me when you're coming home."

"I will this time. I promise."

"I trust you."

And then the other line was dead. And with those words, Joan's heart shattered completely by those three words. She threw down the phone, not hearing snap in half, and ran madly into the forest in front of her.

She was without purpose or destination: 'Just to get the hell away from there.'
Back to top Go down
Christine Potter
Human

Number of posts : 28
Karma Points : 30
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Christine was in the forest, practicing her potion making. She always preferred to practice outside, it felt more free than inside. She inhaled the sweet scent of Felix Felicis, plotting to steal Jasper Hale with it. She gave it another couple swirls, humming happily.

Then she heard running, and froze, praying to some higher power that she not get caught. If she did, then the MOM would get on her case faster than Gregory Goyle on a buffet. She smiled at her joke, then delicately sniffed the air, picking up vampire scent mixed with human. 'Are the Cullens reverting to hunting humans?' Christine puzzled, then thought better of getting involved. 'As long as they don't find me, I'm good.'

Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Alice chased after Joan, calling out her name. "Joan! Talk to me! You're going to get lost! Joan!"

'Greaaaaat, she decides to be difficult,' she thought, mildly cross at her best friend. 'Then again, given what's been happening...I wouldn't blame her for running, either.'

Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:54 pm

"Go away! I don't want to talk and I don't give a shit if I'm lost or forgotten or even fucking DEAD!" Joan screamed as she continued to run through the forest, the sky seeming to loom over them eerily, waiting to cover them in the black blanket of darkness and blind their senses.

'Why can't I ever be left alone to deal with my problems?! Why must everyone try and come to my rescue?! Can't I be my own shining knight in armor?'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:11 pm

"JOAN! I swear to God, if you don't come back with me, I WILL take you back by force!" Alice screamed, frustrated with her best friend. "You're acting senseless, do you think your dad wants you killed in the middle of nowhere on the other side of the damn country?"

Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Joan whipped around furiously, glaring at her best friend. She spoke angrily through her tears, "My dad has nothing to do with any of this. And that's the fucking problem.

"If I had never seen Jasper hunt in the woods that one day, I wouldn't be away from him, causing him so much grief and worry that I can hear his pain through a goddamn inanimate object!

"It's all your guys' fault that I'm stuck in these fucking situations when I could be living a normal life! But no! I'm trekking all the way from coast to coast just to deal with your guys' problems because you can't solve them yourselves!"

She found herself panting after yelling at the vampire but felt somewhat better that she got it off her chest. She wiped away her tears with the back of her hand before crossing her arms over her chest, waiting for her friend's response.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Alice winced, even though she knew Joan was going to say those things. It didn't take away the hurt. "You have no idea how many times your knowledge has saved your life. Ever since that one time Aro tried killing you, the other...normal vampires have known to stay away from you, because you're protected by the Cullens."

Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:13 pm

Joan's eyes widened a bit at Alice's words before they hardened and her voice became one of disbelief and somewhat rage, "You mean there are other vampires... who know about me? Who know about that! Oh my God.... No, no, no!"

She began to walk away from Alice, her heart racing, 'There are other vampires outside the Cullens and the Volturi who know... Who know, Oh my God!'

"What do they know? Everything about what I've done? My entire life?! WHAT DO THEY KNOW?" Joan screamed, her voice trembling with fear at the new information her friend had shared.

"Do THEY know about how I basically told the Volturi no? Even though Aro's practically in love with my bravery! I mean, I don't think anybody realizes the full weight of my accomplishment. I told Aro he couldn't kill you which made him call off the entire destruction of your coven!

"Do you realize how much POWER I had in just that one action?! Don't you think that the other vampires realize that and would maybe want to either use me for it or KILL me because of it?!

"What if they know about my father and used him as leverage to get to me?! Huh? I mean, honesty, how fast would you or the freaking Volturi be able to stop them killing my father?!"

Joan stopped for a minute and tried to take a deep breath to calm her hysteria but her breathing became irregular and painful. 'Stop... I need... to stop... stop...'

She turned around and was about to run away from her supernatural friend when she ran straight into something hard. At first, she thought it was a tree but the warmth radiating off the hard, unmovable object was unusual.

Until Joan looked up and came face to face with the very hunter she had just seen earlier today. She felt like she was about to pass out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handsome Up To Your Skin   Handsome Up To Your Skin - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Handsome Up To Your Skin
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind :: World :: Anywhere Else-
Jump to: