A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind

HomeHome  AMOTGKAMOTGK  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Alice, does anyone even remember this site? Sad Love, Joan

A "Normal" Day at Forks High

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

Number of posts : 354
Karma Points : 360
Registration date : 2009-03-23

A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Joan pulled the trigger and squirted Tyler in the face. Mike took the opportunity and chucked a water balloon at her back. She shivered at the sudden cold rush down her back but that didn't stop her from kicking all the water balloons out of Tyler's hand. Now, without arms, Joan drew a "J" on his shirt before squirting him once again in the face.

Joan grinned but sidestepped when she saw two balloons, yellow and green, headed her way. The yellow hit the car behind her but the green smacked her right across the face, breaking across the front of her shirt. 'Oh no... He didn't,' was all Joan thought as she looked up from her drenched shirt at the still armed Mike.

The look on her face made Mike drop all his water balloons and shiver in fear. However, the school bell rang, saving Mike's life. He almost ran inside the school with relief but the whole prospect of 'school' slowed his pace.

"THIS ISN'T OVER, NEWTON!" Joan shouted after him, which caused the crowd to chorus in a collective, "Ooh!" and wonder what she was going to do to get back at him.
Back to top Go down
http://uglylipstick.wordpress.com/
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 788
Karma Points : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:45 pm

"So...what do we do now?" Jasper asked, surprised Alice had agreed so quickly.

"Well, now that my plans are shot, I don't know," Alice glared. "I WAS going to go find Edward and talk to him, but nooooo, you have to be all righteous and stuff! And Rose and I can't go shopping because it's freaking SUNNY out! So, we have to resort to Plan C."

"Plan C?" Jasper inquired.

"Yes, aka the plan in which Rose and I dress Emmett and you up and make you over," Alice smiled.

"Um, how about you go find Edward?" Jasper hastily suggested.

"Good idea," Alice kissed him good bye and went off to the forest, where she knew he was. "Edward?" she called out. "Edward, please talk to me."
Back to top Go down
http://missalicecullen1901.wordpress.com
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Joan looked over her notes in Calculus, relishing in the peace and quiet of the math classroom. 'It's the only quiet I'm gonna get before the showdown in the cafeteria,' she grinned at the thought as she tapped her pencil absentmindedly on the side of her notebook.

Her mind suddenly flashed to topazes and... 'Edward? Edward Cullen... Was I too hard on him? Could I have been nicer in my words? But, if I start this up again, I'll doubt my love for him as a friend and then... I did the right thing. Albeit, too sudden, too quickly... But the right thing... for me.'

Her pencil tapped slowed until it came to a sudden stop as she clutched it a bit too tight. Her hand shot up in the air, startling Mr. Dresden, who recovered with a stutter, "Y-yes, Ms. Taylor?"

"I'm not feeling well, may I go to the nurse's office?"

"O-of course. Let me just get-"

But Joan was already out the door, with her bag flailing behind her as she ran towards the parking lot. 'God, you're such a selfish human, Joan! What were you thinking?!'

Last edited by Joan Taylor on Wed May 06, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm

"I thought I told you to stay away?" Edward raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but I didn't want you to do anything drastic, you know?" Alice replied uneasily.

"Don't worry, I won't," he sighed, then jumped from his perch on a nearby branch and faced Alice. "Does anyone else know?"

"That you ran away? Just Emmett and Jasper. That you're here? Just me," she explained. "But they're not going to tell, Edward."

"Really?" he asked dubiously.

"Really," she nodded. "Want to talk? It doesn't have to be about Joan. We could discuss the weather," she looked up at the dazzling sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Joan drove past two stop signs before she took in a deep breath and realized she was having a panic attack. She pulled off onto a rugged dirt road and parked. She slumped in her seat, her breathing coming in shallow gasps. 'Calm down... Calm down, Jo. It'll be all right... You were just thinking...'

She felt tears prickle her eyes as she pressed her hand to her cheek, trying to suppress the sobs in her chest, 'I was acting selfish about something that hurt someone I love. Our love may not be on equal levels but it's still there. Always and...'

She finally began to cry, feeling the panicked sobs shake her body, "F-forever, Edward. Forever, I-I'll love you. My best friend. That's all I can give y-you..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:41 pm

"The weather, Alice? We've been around for more than a century and all you can think of is the weather?" Edward chuckled.

"Sorry for being sane," Alice pouted.

"Sane?" Edward stared at her. "Who are you, what have you done with Alice, and you do know Jasper will hurt you for abducting his wife?"

"Hey, you're mean when you're being emo!" she glared.

"Emos aren't exactly known for their warmth and love," he informed her.

"Still, you don't have to hurt the ones you love in your pain, Eddy. Let's go back to the house, and you can talk to Carlisle," Alice suggested.

"I'm not going back yet, Alice. I need time to think."

"And be an emo."

"But mostly think."

"Emo thoughts of doom and despair."

"That's creepy how you phrase it. Who's the emo one now?" Edward wanted to know.

"Hey, I'm just saying," Alice shrugged. "Wanna go back now? Moping won't make her love you, dear."

"Fine, I guess I'll go back," he grumbled, taking her outstretched hand. "But that doesn't mean I'll lighten up."

"Oh, you will," Alice grinned. "Even if it kills me."

"Oh God, you aren't thinking karaoke, are you?" Edward asked warily.

"Indeed," her smile widened as they walked back to the Cullen House.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:57 pm

Joan sniffled, wiping her eyes carefully before sitting herself up straight in the seat. 'Okay, enough moping. Enough running away. Enough enoughs already! I'm going to face my decisions head on and deal with the consequences no matter how severe.

'It's either that or suffer and die away in the real world,' she reasoned with herself realistically. She revved up her engine and was about to drive off when suddenly two figures appeared in her path.

Joan hit her horn and shouted, "Holy sh- Alice and... Edward?!" 'Okay, I didn't want this NOW.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm

"Damn!" Alice swore and turned Edward around so he couldn't see Joan.

"Was that...?" his face lit up.

"Yes, but you have Bella," she reminded him sternly, feeling guilty when his face fell again.

"Oh...right...what's she doing out of school?" Edward wanted to know.

"Like I know," Alice rolled her eyes. "Probably ditching again."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Joan took a deep breath before getting out of her car. But she didn't walk near them. 'Not yet, at least,' she told herself, 'Let's try to keep a calm, level-head in this.'

She gave a brief smile, "So, this is how you spend your sunny days." She walked over and touched the mossy bark of a tree trunk. 'It's been a while since I've played out in the forest...' She gave a nostalgic sigh before continuing, "Climbing trees in dense wood. Tell me, how's the view? I never was able to get high enough to see."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:09 pm

"It's decent," Alice replied coolly, using her thoughts to tell Edward to not talk. Just don't get involved, man, she warned him. "So, what are you doing out of school? Ditching again?"

She tried keeping her tone light and conversational, trying hard not to think about how Edward must feel about all this.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:11 pm

"I... I wanted to apologize to Edward for being selfish last night," Joan said quietly, not taking her eyes from the high tree tops. She sighed, 'Just keep it honest. Lying'll just make all of this a big, unnecessary drama filled mess.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Edward turned around. "And I wanted to apologize for being childish," he said, staring intently into Joan's eyes. "It wasn't right, and I'm sorry."

Alice glanced between Joan and Edward, debating whether or not she should leave. "I'll just leave you two alone," she said quietly. "And Joan, we're having a karaoke party tonight, feel free to join us," she turned and left Edward and Joan by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Joan watched Alice go, feeling a bit of panic come over at her departure. 'No, Joan. You're a big girl. You can do this.'

Suddenly, she felt Edward come up behind her and ask calmly, "Would you like to see the view?"

Joan turned and nodded with a warm smile, "Yes, I'd like that."

He gave a crooked smile, gently picking her up before they were up in the tree tops. Before Joan could blink, they were at the top of the tree, overlooking the entire town of Forks and its surrounding environment.

"Wow, I wish I had a camera," Joan whispered wistfully.

"Who needs a camera when you have a mind to store moments like this to always remember?" Edward asked openly, causing her to turn around and face him. His arms were on either side of her, to prevent her from falling.

"Momentos. I sometimes collect them when I travel," Joan shrugged before she took a deep breath and started, "About last night... I just wanted you to know... Just because I don't love you like you love me doesn't mean I want you out of my life completely. However, if my lack of love for you is enough, there's no obligation of you staying here if you don't want to for whatever reasons.

"I want you to have... options. To not be so focused on loving me and only me. Life is wonderful like that. When one door closes, another opens. You might not see it... But it's always there," she leaned back against the branch, gently taking a leaf off of it and twirling it between her fingers.

Sighing, Joan handed it to Edward, who had been staring at her curiously the entire time. "Here," she said as she placed it in his hand, "My promise to you. It may flutter around with the wind. It may rip or break but it will always come back and be there."

Edward stared at her in shock, saying nothing. Finally he closed his hand gently over the leaf, inhaling deeply. Swiftly, he took her other hand and pulled her into a friendly embrace. He sounded like he was about to sob, "T-thank you. It means... so much..."

Joan hugged him back tightly, saying, "It's all I can do for you."

He shook his head, pulling away, "All you can do? You can and will do great things. I'm sure of it."

Joan smiled brightly, feeling her ears tinge pink in modesty. She combed her back behind her ear casually as she changed the subject, "So Alice said something about a karaoke party?"

Edward sighed as he tucked the leaf away in his pocket, saying solemnly, "She tries every time to get me to sing Michael Jackson or..." He visibly shuddered, "High School Musical."

Joan covered her mouth, trying to hide her laughter, "Oh, it can't be that bad."

"Stop trying to hide your smirk. And it is that bad." He ran his hand through his hair before sighing once more and offered his hand to Joan, "Let's go anyway."

Joan took his hand and was swung back into his arms. He descended down from the trees and raced all the way to the Cullens' home.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Alice smiled as she took out her karaoke selections for Edward: Geek In the Pink, I'm Yours, Thriller, the High School Musical Trilogy, Pocahontas, Elton John's Greatest Hits.

Her eyes lit up when she heard the front door open and Edward and Joan enter. "They're here," she grinned as the rest of the Cullens came into the living room.

"SWEET! KARAOKE!" Emmett cheered as Jasper paled.

"Sweetheart, you're going to be singing Barbie Girl," Alice giggled as she told Jasper that.

"Damn," he muttered as Emmett guffawed.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Edward paled a bit when he read Alice's mind for the music selection. "I'm not staying," he said gruffly.

Joan's hand tightened around his, tugging gently as she said, "Come on, I want to hear your beautiful singing voice."

Edward sighed as he relented, leading the way to the party central, in the living room, "Only if I get to hear yours?"

"Crack and be off pitch? Be my guest," she said with a humorless chuckle as she took a seat on the couch, on the other side of the room, away from the karaoke machine. Edward, however, had been taken captive by Alice and Emmett.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm

"Sing! Sing! Sing! Sing!" Emmett and Alice chanted as Edward looked through the karaoke CDs. Sighing, he finally chose one and Alice popped it into the karaoke machine triumphantly. Woohoo, Eddy's gonna si-ing! she mentally happy danced as he glared at her.

"Just be happy I didn't decide to kill you for leaving me alone with Joan," he hissed menacingly at her. Alice just shrugged and smiled, her smile widening as the intro to his song began to play.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:53 pm

'I was sure he'd put up more of a fight with the way he was pouting on our way here,' Joan mused, watching Edward look through the karaoke CDs. He picked one and put it in, taking the microphone in his hand.

He whispered something to Alice, glancing over at Joan as he spoke. Joan shrugged it off, 'Probably just letting Alice know what happened... Like she didn't know already.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:50 pm

The intro continued, and Edward grimaced, and began to sing,
"They Told Him Don't You Ever Come Around Here
Don't Wanna See Your Face, You Better Disappear
The Fire's In Their Eyes And Their Words Are Really Clear
So Beat It, Just Beat It

You Better Run, You Better Do What You Can
Don't Wanna See No Blood, Don't Be A Macho Man
You Wanna Be Tough, Better Do What You Can
So Beat It, But You Wanna Be Bad

Just Beat It, Beat It, Beat It, Beat It
No One Wants To Be Defeated
Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight
It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right
Just Beat It, Beat It
Just Beat It, Beat It
Just Beat It, Beat It
Just Beat It, Beat It

They're Out To Get You, Better Leave While You Can
Don't Wanna Be A Boy, You Wanna Be A Man
You Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What You Can
So Beat It, Just Beat It

You Have To Show Them That You're Really Not Scared
You're Playin' With Your Life, This Ain't No Truth Or Dare
They'll Kick You, Then They Beat You,
Then They'll Tell You It's Fair
So Beat It, But You Wanna Be Bad

Just Beat It, Beat It, Beat It, Beat It, Beat It

Beat It, Beat It, Beat It, Beat It

It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Who's Right

Just Beat It, Beat It
Beat It, Beat It, Beat It!"

During the song, Alice was suppressing giggles, and Emmett was openly guffawing. Esme's jaw was on the floor, and Carlisle looked unsure of how to react. Jasper grinned, pleased to see Edward making a fool of himself. Alice finally lost the battle and gave in to her mad giggling happily.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Joan bobbed her head along to the song, trying to ignore the fact that this was Edward Cullen, mind-reading vampire, singing Michael Jackson. 'I knew it! I knew he had an excellent singing voice. Comes with the whole, damn vampire thing doesn't it?'

"Yes, but I bet you're a natural," Edward stated as he passed the microphone to her. She looked up at him and thought, 'You've got to be kidding.' Edward chuckled as he pulled her up from the couch in one swift motion, saying, "You're going to pick a song and wow us with your singing."

Joan gave him a look as she walked over to the collection of karaoke songs. 'I'd totally flip you the bird if your parents weren't here,' she told him mentally as she flicked through the pop and rap selections. 'Where the hell is the classic rock? The alternative?' Edward only gave a shrug as she sighed, irritated, 'You're no help.'

Finally, Joan found some Styx and put it in, saying, "Get ready to be amazed by the not so fantastic, not so talented, not so extraordinary, human rendition of a Styx classic."

The bass line kicked in and she began to sing,

"Oh mama I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Lawman has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
Oh mama I can hear you a-crying you're so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very
long..."

The beat picked up and Joan rocked a little with it as she continued to sing,

"The jig is up the news is out they've finally found me
The renegade who had it made retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
This will be the end today of the wanted man

Oh mama I've been years on the lam
And had a high price on my head
Lawman said get him dead or alive
Now it's for sure he'll see me dead
Dear mama I can hear you crying
You're so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows
And I don't have very long

The jig is up, the news is out
They finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
The judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man."

Then, the guitar solo began to play, and Joan played along on her air guitar. Edward chuckled a bit but was impressed by her rock and roll vocal styling. The music died away again to just the bass line as Joan practically sang her lungs out,

"Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Hangman is coming down from the gallows And I don't have very long."

The beat picked up once more as she continued to sing, accompanied with a rocker swagger,

"The jig is up, the news is out
They finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
This'll be the end today
Of the wanted man
the wanted man
i don't have long,
no no"

When the song was done, all the Cullens could do was stare. Finally, Edward broke the awkward silence as he commented, "I would never strike you as the classic rock type."

Joan replied slyly, putting the mic back down, "And I'd never strike you as the Michael Jackson type." Edward had the decency to turn away and look embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:18 pm

"That was amazing," Alice smiled at Joan before turning to Jasper and Emmett, "Mkay, I have these totally amazing songs for both of you, who wants to go first?"

"JASPER DOES!" Emmett shrieked as he pushed Jasper in front of him.

"Bastard," Jasper muttered as Emmett grinned.

"YEY!" Alice cheered. "Oh, Jazz, you're gonna love your song!"

"Not Barbie Girl..." he moaned miserably.

"But you sing it in front of Emmett, why not me?" Alice pouted.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:24 pm

"Barbie Girl?" Joan said a bit surprised. She grinned nostalgically, "I used to love that song in middle school. My friends and I sang it ALL the time at sleepovers..."

Jasper complained in an exasperated voice, "I don't wanna sing it! You should."

"No," Joan declared firmly as she sat down and leaned back in the couch, "I just sang."

"That was one song."

"Yeah, one kick ASS song that took a lot out of me."

"You still have a lot of energy in you. Besides, you get an adrenaline rush while singing."

"Forget it, I'm not singing. You are, pansy pants."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:37 pm

"No, I'm not," Jasper crossed his arms.

"Please, Jazz?" Alice pleaded, rearranging her face to look utterly pitiful.

"No, Alice, and that's that," he growled.

"But Joanie and Eddy sang, why won't you?" she cried out.

"Because Jasper Whitlock does not sing," he explained.

"But you're Jasper Hale now..." Alice contradicted quietly.

"Still. Not. Singing," Jasper stood his ground.

"Fine then...but I'm not going to sleep with you until you go up to that mic and sing Barbie Girl!" Alice threatened.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Joan chuckled a bit, finding the exchange quite amusing until Jasper turned to face her with a look that could kill on his face. She quieted down and fiddled her fingers in her lap, thinking, 'He could just lighten up and get over with. Hell, if he's really that stubborn, I'll sing along with him and he can just hum in the background.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:49 pm

"Aw, come on Alice, that's not fair," Jasper groaned miserably.

"I think it's perfectly fair. If you're not going to sing Barbie Girl for me, then no sex for you," Alice shrugged. "You seem to have no issues singing for Emmett, maybe you should sleep with him in my stead..."

"That'd be hot," Rosalie said dreamily.

"Well, Jazz? What do you think?" Alice raised an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:54 pm

Joan nearly choked at the thought of Jasper and Emmett sleeping together. 'God, scarring me! Scarring me! Though to be fair, it's pretty obvious who's on top... No, stop it, Joan!'

She wanted to laugh off the scary thought but was too fearful that Jasper might come over and snap her neck if she mocked him anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Normal" Day at Forks High
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next