A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind

HomeHome  AMOTGKAMOTGK  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Alice, does anyone even remember this site? Sad Love, Joan

A "Normal" Day at Forks High

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 788
Karma Points : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-21

A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Alice giggled at Joan's face, "Mental images, Jo?"

Edward was suffering worst of all, him being hit with EVERYONE'S ponderings as to the Jasper/Emmett affair.

"GODDAMMIT ALICE I HATE YOU!" Edward roared. "I DO NOT LIKE HAVING GAY FANTASIES ABOUT JASPER AND EMMETT!"

"Not my problem," Alice smiled at Edward's obvious discomfort.
Back to top Go down
http://missalicecullen1901.wordpress.com
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

Number of posts : 354
Karma Points : 360
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:05 pm

"Ow, Edward!" Joan whimpered as she covered her ears, "My hearing!"

Edward sat down next to her and asked sardonically, with his head in his hands, "What about my eyes?"

"Don't you have control over what you can or can't look at in people's heads?" Joan asked, a bit irritated with Edward's over dramatized scream. She whispered with a grin on her face, "You have to admit it's kind of hot."

"Shut up," he said exasperatedly.

'Huh, where did Esme and Carlisle go? Well, maybe it's a good thing they're gone, seeing where this conversation has turned to.'
Back to top Go down
http://uglylipstick.wordpress.com/
Emmett Cullen
Vampire
Emmett Cullen

Number of posts : 51
Karma Points : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Emmett edged away from Jasper warily.

"Oh, for the love of God, I AM NOT GAY!" Jasper yelled.

"Well, okay, but just so you know," Emmett grinned as Alice began to play the intro on the karaoke machine.

"If you were gay," Emmett began to sing, "That'd be okay, I mean 'cause hey, ha! I'd like you anyway, because you see, if it were ME, I would feel free to say that I was gay, but I'm not gay!"

"Emmett, please, I am trying to think!" Jasper barked at him, wondering if Alice was serious about not sleeping with him.

"If you were queer, I'd still be here, year after year, because you're dear to me!" Emmett continued. "And I know that you would accept me too, if I told you today, 'HEY GUESS WHAT? I'M GAY!' But I'm not gay! I'm happy, just being with you. So what should it matter to me what you do in bed with guys?"

"Emmett, that is wrong!" Jasper was appalled.

"No it's not!" Emmett yelled. "IF YOU WERE GAY, I'D SHOUT HOORAY! And here I'd stay, but I wouldn't get in your way! You can count on me to always be beside you every day, to tell you it's okay, you were just BORN that way, and as they say, it's in your DNA you're gay!"

"I AM NOT GAY!" Jasper countered.

"If you were gay," Emmett grinned as the song ended.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Joan couldn't even fathom the exchange between the two. 'But oh my god, they have chemistry!' She thought deviously as she finally gave into her laughter, grinning like a man woman.

Edward looked at her, concerned, "Are you all right?"

"No," she answered a bit too cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Alice joined in Joan's laughing happily as Jasper pouted.

"It's not funny," he grumbled.

"Oh, lighten up, Jazz!" Alice smiled. "And you can do that by singing the Barbie Song!"

"Nice try, not gonna work," Jasper grinned.

"Then I'm not going to sleep with you," she countered.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Joan suggested, "Maybe you guys can sing it as a duet?" Jasper gave her another deadly look, causing her to shudder and pull her legs up to her chest. 'Vampires... I'm scared of gay, sparkly vampires...' she tried to reassure herself.

Edward chuckled a bit, whispering, "Only one of us is gay."

Jasper made a lunge for the two on the couch but Edward picked up Joan and jumped over him and landed gracefully on the other side of the room. However, Jasper crashed into the couch which went through the wall.

Joan's heartbeat was erratic as she gasped out, "If you... don't me... to die... of heart failure... by thirty... Could you please... WARN me... at least?"

Edward pouted as he adjusted her in his arms, "Aww but where's the fun in that?"

Joan poked her finger into his chest, saying, "It's either that or Alice gets a first time opportunity to plan and decorate for a funeral."

Last edited by Joan Taylor on Fri May 08, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Alice's eyes lit up, "That would be fun!"

"You have a macabre sense of fun," Edward told her.

"Jasper, honey, are you okay?" Alice called to her husband.

"I'm not gay!" he yelled through the wall.

"If you weren't gay, then you'd have no problem singing Barbie Girl, right?" Alice was hopeful.

Jasper stared at her as if she suffered from a mental disorder.

"Just sing the song, please Jazz? You just have to sing the first verse, after that then you can switch to Ken's part and I'll sing Barbie's," Alice tried compromising.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Edward mused to Joan, "A duet sounds like fun."

"Forget it," Joan snapped back, "If you wouldn't handle me like a fragile doll, maybe I'd warm up to the idea."

"But you would've been crushed!"

"And you would've had to carry the guilt of my death, I get it! But you don't always have to voice your thoughts. Sometimes, they're SUPPOSED to stay in your head!" Joan retorted, crossing her arms over her chest, "Now put me down."

Edward felt very put off but a wicked grin crept onto his face. He taunted her, "But I thought it was always your dream date to be swept off your feet and carried through the threshold after a night at-"

"Edward Cullen! Those are my private thoughts and fantasies!" Joan reprimanded him but was still stuck in his stone, cold arms.

"That are muscular and more defined than all the jocks at your school, especially Mike and-"

"SHUT UP! I swear to God, I will find a way to kill you if you don't stop," she threatened in a serious voice, "Now put me DOWN."

Edward finally did and Joan stepped two feet away, brushing her hair back into place. When she was done, Edward gave the final blow, "By the way, the blush on your cheeks just screams, 'Ravish me'."

"EDWARD!" Joan shrieked as she began to chase the vampire around his house, a chase she knew she wouldn't be able to keep up with. 'And he's going at a human pace to just add to the torment!'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Alice sat back and watched Joan chase Edward. HAHA, RUN EDDY! she cheered in her head. Edward grinned as he passed her and continued running.

Jasper watched as well, somewhat relieved that he didn't have to sing after all. Alice walked up to him and whispered in his ear, "Oh, yes, you still have to sing, OR ELSE."

"So the ultimatum still stands?" he asked.

"It's the only way I can make you sing the song," Alice shrugged. "Hey, it could be worse than not sleeping with me, you know."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Joan kept up with the chase for a good while but Edward was, again, too fast to catch. So she just stopped in the middle of his room and plopped down in front of his stereo, taking deep breaths through her nose.

'God, I can feel the burn in my thighs. All the chocolate I've stored in there? Gone. Man, I thought I said I was going to stop working out for the rest of my life after the equipment lift at the end of the musical this year? But no, stupid jerk makes me chase him around his house five times, thinking he can get away with saying all of that and nearly giving me a heart attack and-'

"It was four times, not five," came Edward's melodic voice from behind. She whipped around and went to punch him in the gut but his reflexes were superior to hers, catching her hand before she pulled it back. He clicked his tongue, saying, "Nuh uh uh. We'll be having none of that. Especially in my room."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:36 pm

"Oh?" Jasper was dubious. "How?"

Alice grinned seductively. "Like this, silly," she said as she sat in his lap, feeling lustful.

"Oh hell no," he swore, then picked Alice up and sat her down away from him, not really helping with her current emotion. "God, Alice, do you really have to do this to me?" he growled.

"Just sing the song, and I'll stop," she smiled sweetly, still radiating sexy emotional waves.

"Fine, fine," Jasper agreed hastily. "Where'd Joan and Edward go?"

"His room," Alice replied, then thought, EDDY, JASPER SAID HE'LL SING BARBIE GIRL!

"Oh..." Jasper was quiet. "And Rosalie and Emmett?"

"Their room," she gave a small shudder. "And Carlisle and Esme are in their room as well."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Joan yanked her hand out of his grasp as she said sourly, "Because nothing exciting happens here..." It took a couple seconds to realize what she had said, in which her face blushed a bright red.

She tried to amend it, stuttering, "I mean- I'm sure some things happen in here... None that I want to hear about but- I mean- I just-" She gave up after a while, burying her face in her hands in complete embarrassment. 'Ugh! I can't believe I just said that! I'm-'

Suddenly, she was pulled up gently and led out of the room by Edward, going back downstairs as he explained, "After Jasper finally sings Barbie Girl, we're singing a duet."

"Says who?"

"You and me."

"You mean, just you?"

"No, I mean you and me as in us because secretly, you want to blend harmonies with my majestic voice," he said nonchalantly, ensuring that Joan's blush wasn't going away any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:03 pm

"Do I really have to do this?" Jasper asked sadly as Edward and Joan reentered.

"Yes, or else," Alice smiled happily.

"Fine," he rolled his eyes. "You sure are a terrifying little monster, aren't you?"

"The scariest," she grinned, then turned on the music.

"Hi Barbie," Jasper said the opening line.

"Hi Ken!" Alice replied cheerfully.

"Wanna go for a ride?"

"Sure, Ken!" Alice answered, then belted, "I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere,"
she slid her jacket off provocatively, "Imagination, life is your creation!"

"Come on Barbie, let's go party," Jasper chanted, then sang, "I'm a blonde single girl in the fantasy world
Dress me up, take your time, I'm your dollie
You're my doll, rock and roll, feel the glamour and pain
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky-panky."

"You can touch, you can play,
You can say I'm always yours, oooh whoa!"
Alice sang happily.

Then both the vampires sang, "I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation!"

"Come on, Barbie, let's go party."
"Ah ah ah, yeah!"
"Oooh, oooh."
"Ah ah ah, yeah!"
"Oooh, oooh."

Alice continued her solo, "Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees
Come jump in, be my friend, let us do it again
Hit the town, fool around, let's go party!

You can touch, you can play,
You can say I'm always yours!
You can touch, you can play,
You can say I'm always yours!"

"Ah ah ah, yeah!"
"Oooh, oooh."
"Ah ah ah, yeah!"
"Oooh, oooh."

Then Jasper belted, "I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Imagination, life is your creation

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Imagination, life is your creation!"

"Oh, I'm having so much fun!" Alice gushed
"Well, Barbie, we're just getting started!" Jasper grinned.
"Oh, I love you Ken!" she smiled, ending the song. "See, that wasn't so terrible, was it?"

"You owe me," Jasper told her forlornly. "Because of all the emotional abuse you guys put me through."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Joan managed to keep her laughter in this time through as she watched the couple sing the ridiculous song. She clapped politely at the end of the song while Edward fake gagged. Joan smacked his arm lightly, saying, "I'd like to see you do better."

Edward raised an eyebrow before he was up and over at the karaoke machine, flipping through the selections. Joan blinked twice, shaking her head as she reminded herself, 'Super fast vampires...' She got up, walking over to join Edward in his search.

She picked up a Goo Goo Dolls CD and looked through the song list, 'Iris? Great song but overdone and meant for more... special occasions. Stay With You? Maybe... Ooh, Slide. Love that song.'

Edward immediately took it out of her hands and popped the CD into the machine. He picked up the microphone and held out a hand to help her stand up. She took it hesitantly when it suddenly clicked. She tried to pull away, telling him, "Dammit, Edward! I told you no."

But he held tight to her hand as he sang the opening verse,

"Could you whisper in my ear
The things you want to feel
I'll give you anything
To feel it comin'
Do you wake up on your own
And wonder where you are
You live with all your faults

I wanna wake up where you are
I won't say anything at all
So why don't you slide?"

Edward gave her a little twirl which made her smile timidly as he passed the mic to her, finishing his verse off,

"Yeah we're gonna let it slide"

'This is Vic and mine's song... Might as well do justice to it.' Joan swore she saw Edward scowl out of the corner of her eye but she ignored it for the time being. She gripped the microphone tight and sang out, letting the words and the rhythm of the song seep under her skin,

"Don't you love the life you killed
The priest is on the phone
Your father hit the wall
Your ma disowned you
Don't suppose I'll ever know
What it means to be a man
Something I can exchange
I'll live around here

I wanna wake up where you are
I won't say anything at all
So why don't you slide?"

Joan was in her total comfort zone, even if she was singing Victor and her's song to her best friend,

"Mmmmm slide"

Edward took the mic from her momentarily and sang tenderly, full of promises,

"And I'll do anything you ever
Dreamed to be complete
Little pieces of the nothing that fall"

'God damn... His voice really is angelic,' she mused in complete awe before she found herself singing along with Edward, their voices blending almost perfectly,

"Oh May put your arms around me
What you feel is what you are
And what you are is beautiful
Oh May do you wanna get married
Or run away

And I'll do anything you ever
Dreamed to be complete
Little pieces of the nothing that fall

"Oh oh oh May put your arms around me
What you feel is what you are
And what you are is beautiful
Oh May do you wanna get married
Or run away"

Edward sang at the song break, sincerity clearly shining in his eyes,

"I wanna wake up where you are"

They sang the next part together,

"And I'll do anything you ever
Dreamed to be complete
Little pieces of the nothing that fall

And I'll do anything you ever
Dreamed to be complete
Little pieces of the nothing that fall"

Edward sang,

"Oh Oh Oh slide"

Joan echoed as he sang,

"Just slide between the sheets of all the beds you never knew"

Edward echoed,

"Yeah slide"

Joan sang with extreme passion,

"Why don't you slide into my room
Just slide into my room"

They finished the song together,

"Oh, we'll run away, run away, run away"

When the song finished, Joan looked at the clock and realized how late it was. "Shit!" Joan swore under her breath but Edward was already two steps ahead of her.

He said, "I'll get you to your car."

Edward walked over to the door as Joan hugged Alice goodbye, "I'll see you tomorrow at school... If the weather behaves." She waved before climbing onto Edward's back and racing through the forest towards her car.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:45 pm

"See ya," Alice waved back and watched Joan and Edward disappear into the darkness before...

"I think you sang that a bit too well, just how long have you been singing with Emmett?" Alice wanted to know.

"Long enough," Jasper replied curtly.

"Oh, c'mon Jazz, tell me!" she pleaded.

"No, and you still owe me," he responded as he picked her up and began to carry her to their room.

"Hey! Put me down!" Alice protested. "I need to know!"

"No, you don't," Jasper told her as he set her down gently.

"Fine," she crossed over to the window and sat on the window seat, gazing out at the night sky. "It's gorgeous tonight..."

"Not as gorgeous as you are," Jasper replied sweetly.

"You're only saying that to get into my pants," she stated calmly.

"Yeah..." he admitted sheepishly. "That's not to say it isn't true though..."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:52 pm

When Joan got home, she saw that the light was still on in the kitchen even though it was ten thirty at night. 'Is Dad still up?' She crept silently towards the kitchen area. She peeked around the corner and saw her father at the table, flipping through art portfolios.

He called out, "Come, take a seat, Jo. Keep your old man company."

Joan felt her throat tighten; her dad was using his serious voice which could only mean one thing. 'He knows I skipped again today. Oh shit, I knew this was going to be bad,' she thought, terrified as she walked in quietly and sat down across the table from her dad.

The florescent light didn't stop his face from looking concerned and tired as he put the portfolios down and leaned forward, telling her, "You should listen to today's messages."

'This can't be good,' she tentatively took the phone and pressed the correct buttons to get to the answering machine. The monotone, robotic voice told her, "Thursday, May 7th. 5:57 pm."

Suddenly, Victor's voice came over the phone, "Hey Jo. Guess you're still out. I just wanted to know where you went off to before lunch because obviously Mike got out of school with everything still in tact.

"I just-" his voice cut off with an exasperated sigh, "I don't know, Jo. I can't figure you out. I don't know where you run off to. You sure as hell don't want me to come along." The edge in his voice when he said the last part made Joan flinch.

"Does it have something to do with the Cullens? People have been saying you've been hanging around them more often than you should be. Anyway, Jo. We really need to talk. Soon. I'll see you tomorrow. Hopefully." The message cut off, which left them in silence.

Joan put the phone down when her father asked, "So where were you today, Jo? Obviously not out with your friends who actually care about you."

"But I-" she started up but her father raised her hand, causing her to stop.

He continued, "I don't like these Cullen kids. I really don't. I understand that you're a teenager and you feel the need to rebel every once in a while. Especially with your tight schedule. So, yes. You can go and hang out with Mike and Jessica and Victor. Because I know them, I've met them. And I know you guys are responsible enough to get yourselves home and not arrested.

"But these Cullens... Dr. Cullen and the Mrs are respectable people but their kids? Not at all. From what I've seen, they've kidnapped you out of school and taken you off to places you don't want to go. For Christ's sake, Jo, that Edward kid took you for an entire day and was lucky I didn't kick his ass when he brought you to the courthouse the next day, jet-lagged and then ran off with you.

"Now, I usually don't judge your friends or the reasons why you hang out with them but ever since that Alice girl came over late that night, things have gotten out of hand with you. And it's not just the skipping and field trips. It's your mental health, also. You seem so weary, so out of it nowadays. Even a bit more skeptical than usual. You're not getting enough sleep. I understand if some of it has to do with your mother's visit but there were factors before that contributing to this.

"I don't know if you're passing your classes at this point or not. And I know school is one of your top priorities and that's why I push you to do your work. So you can go to Washington College and get your degree in psychology and live a happy, successful life, like you planned! I want you to be happy. Because when you're happy, my heart is at ease. It kills me inside that I barely see you happy anymore.

"Victor makes you happy. Be with him some more. Mike and Jessica always have made you smile. Hang out with them. And you're always welcome to ask me if we can hang out some time..."

Joan eyed her dad and realized that both of them were suffering from the consequences of her choices. 'And that's not fair,' she declared, staring straight into her father's warm, hazel eyes. 'He's right,' she resigned, 'Just like always. He knows exactly what's going on with me. And he has a solution. Maybe, maybe. I should just trust my instinct and not my fantasy deluded mind and stop being friends with the Cullens. I've been warned so many times now. I really should take them to heart.'

She gave her dad a bright smile as she told him, "I... I will. And I'm sorry. I just... I fell in with a bad crowd. It was a stupid decision. I'll try to be happier, Dad."

He reached across the table and held her hand tight, telling her, "Don't try. Just be."

Joan nodded and stood up, walking around the table to give her dad a big hug which he returned gratefully. She pulled away a bit reluctantly as she told him quietly, "I'm going up to bed. It's been a long day."

"All right, sweetheart. Have good dreams," he kissed her on the forehead before returning to sorting through the portfolios.

"You too, Dad," she smiled before walking upstairs to her room.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:10 pm

"Oh God," Alice closed her eyes in yet another vision. She snapped her eyes back open swiftly. "Joan's going to leave us after graduation," she announced calmly.

"Leave us? Just waltz on out of our lives after we SAVED her from Aro?" Jasper asked. "Well, to be fair, she did save us, too..."

"But Jasper, I love her!" Alice's eyes were full of hurt. "I don't want to lose her...none of us do..."

Edward burst in, "Is she really?"

"Yes," Alice nodded miserably. "I'm so sorry, Eddy."

"It's fine, really," Edward closed his eyes. "We'll get over this, no need to pine after her like a gaggle of middle school girls."

"You're right," Jasper nodded. "Alice, don't worry, we'll find you a new human to shop with."

Alice flew into a rage. "A new human?! Jazz, they're not my PETS, they have feelings and thoughts too! I don't WANT another human; I want Joan!"

Edward and Jasper exchanged a quick glance, then attempted to calm Alice down, which worked slightly, at least she wasn't wailing anymore.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Joan reached for the phone several time that night, wondering if she should call Victor and explain where she was today or wait tomorrow and tell him in person.

'Personal confrontation is best... But what if I choke or say the wrong thing? Oh God, it's so easy to block out how bad you can mess up an entire relationship with some simple choices,' she thought as she tapped her pencil rapidly on the side of her spiral notebook. 'And because of all this decision making, I can't get any damn sleep!'

Joan groaned in annoyance, falling back on her bed and stared up at the dim ceiling. Her favorite band, Silversun Pickups, was playing in the background as she went over the lists of her relationships in her head.

'Mike in 8th grade. Two months. Turned out for the best after we broke up. Jared in 9th grade. Two years and three months. It was fun and exciting because of the whole bad boy appeal but then sucked at the end BECAUSE of the whole bad boy appeal. Lance in 11th grade. Eight months? Or was it just three? It felt like three to me since that seemed like how much time we actually got to spend together.

'Victor in senior year, 12th grade, present day. Two weeks and going. I really want this kind of relationship. Someone who gets what a broken heart is but learns how to cope with it. Someone who really isn't afraid to voice concern for others. Who has a great sense of humor and a wickedly eccentric taste in music. Who doesn't care if I dressed up for the Runway or woke up on the wrong side of my bed... Someone who... who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

'Edward in 12th grade. Two days. A revisitation to that bad boy appeal with a new twist: he's a vampire. Which automatically makes him forbidden to mortals. Sexy, mysterious, dangerous, like every girl's wet dream fantasy come to life. Very appealing but unrealistic. And I tend to live my life in the real and now.'

Joan rolled over onto her side and sighed, running her hand through her hair. 'Just give up, Joanie or you'll never get sleep. Just think: Two more weeks. Then you're out of high school. Three more months and you're on the East Coast in college. Wow.' She reached over and switched off the lights, rolling under her covers as the last bit of the song played in the background:

"But now and then
We're joining in
We've been so proud

Tracking mud while blood letting
We've been so proud

We've been so proud
We've been so proud
We've been so proud"
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:01 pm

"So...what do we do now?" Jasper wanted to know.

"I don't know, Jazz," Alice shrugged. "And honestly, I don't care."

"Alice, are you sure you're alright?" Edward asked concernedly. "I mean, you do get awfully depressed when people leave..."

"I'm fine!" she snapped. "Really, I'm used to this. Just teaches me to mind my own damn business, doesn't it?"

"Yes, but social isolation isn't for you, it tends to drive you crazy..." Edward explained.

"Maybe we should send her back to the loony bin?" Jasper smiled in jest.

"Haha, SO funny," Alice rolled her eyes and stormed out of the room. Wait...that's MY room! she realized, then stormed back in and forced Edward and Jasper out.

"But Alice, that's my room as well!" Jasper cried out.

"Oh..." she noticed, then opened the door and dragged him back in, closing out Edward.

The Next Morning...

"Are you sure you can survive Biology?" Edward asked Alice as all the Cullen teens rode in Edward's Volvo to school.

"Yes, Edward," Alice rolled her eyes. "If not, then you can always read my mind."

"Right," he smirked, pulling into their parking spot. "And I'll be sure to warn Jasper lest you run away, he's in my Chemistry class as well."

"Then we'll face that bridge when we come to it," she replied surely as they all got out of the car.

"Mhmmm," Edward said doubtfully as him, Alice, and Jasper walked to class. "Well, we'll see you around, then," he said as he and Jasper walked into their classroom.

"See ya," Alice replied as she hugged Jasper goodbye. "Don't worry, Jazz, really."

Then she walked into her Biology classroom, taking her seat in the back corner wordlessly.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:17 pm

"Hey, Jo!" Mike called from two parking spots down as Joan pulled up in her minivan. She sighed, unbuckling her seat belt as she repeated in her head, 'Just be cool, play it cool. The truth comes out when I'm relaxed.'

She climbed out of her car and swung her bag over her shoulder before walking over to where her usual group of friends were standing, outside Tyler's van.

Mike gave a big smile as he walked over and took her bag, saying, "Good morning, beautiful and how are you today?" Joan rolled her eyes and punched him in the stomach, catching her bag as he dropped to the ground in pain.

"Yeah, trying to butter me up so I don't extract my revenge? Didn't you try that in fourth grade and I nearly broke your nose because of it?" Joan reminded him in a sickly sweet tone as Mike picked himself up.

Mike didn't seem to care that he was about to challenge his best friend, who was a girl, to a fight as he told her, "Shit, that was nothing. Bring it."

Tyler and Eric 'ooh'ed as Joan put her hands on her hips and gave him a look that asked, 'Are you serious?' But when Mike didn't back down, Joan passed her bag to Jessica and pinned back some loose ends of her hair. Jessica and the other girls cheered her on as she approached Mike.

Mike instantly tackled her to the ground and began to tickle her. Joan tried to wriggle out of his grip between gasps of laughter. "You play... dirty... like a girl," she panted out as she pushed against his chest.

Mike only grinned before Joan finally pushed him all the way off and gave him a noogie. He yelped in pain, struggling against her vice grip around his head. Their friends were laughing madly, thoroughly amused by their play fight.

Mike had finally pushed Joan off and was going to tickle fight her again when a voice said, "I think it's my turn now." Joan looked up and saw Victor standing over them. He offered a hand to her and helped her up as the first bell rang. Jessica handed her her bag and gave her a suggestive wink as she toted Mike off to their first period.

"Hi," was all Joan could say to him at the moment. She was a bit breathless from the fight but everything she had been debating over last night came crashing down on her. 'Don't screw this up! You only have one chance with this!'

She tried to figure out what was going on with him but he kept a careful, peaceful look on his face. She sighed and took his hand, dragging him off to behind the school, saying, "We need to talk."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Edward walked over to Alice's domain in the Bio lab, having time before the late bell. "They're having a SERIOUS talk," he announced quietly. "What do you think?"

"I can't, Edward, I just won't read her future anymore, it hurts too much," Alice sighed.

"Fine, then I'll have to read her mind," he shrugged.

"Edward Anthony, don't you DARE invade her privacy!" she growled.

"Ooooh, someone's PMSing today!" he smirked.

"Shut up!" she screamed as she tackled him in front of the small minority of the class who had gotten to class early. "DON'T....YOU....DARE...SAY....THINGS...LIKE THAT!"

"Alice?" Jasper walked in, mildly alarmed, as was the rest of the class.

"Jerk!" she yelled as she punched Edward hard in the face.

"Get OFF!" Edward roared as he pushed Alice off him, and Jasper held her back, she still snarling at him.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Once they were behind the school building and out of the administrators' sights, Joan started, letting it all out at once, "I hate me. I hate what I've been doing. To me. To my dad. To my friends. To you, especially to you. You haven't done anything and I've neglected you, like the worst kind of girlfriend. And I didn't even offer up an explanation! I just went off and left you when you wanted us to help each other and rebuild something we've lost and had broken into itty bitty pieces.

"Here's the deal: I hang out with the Cullens because Alice is a genuinely nice person and probably one of those people you could see keeping in touch with for the rest of your life.

"Edward... Where do I begin? Edward was first my friend, then my enemy, then a bad boy, and then my friend. I... only wanted him because of the whole bad boy thing. Kind of like with Jared. Except, I knew how it would end. And just because Edward is kind of gentlemen doesn't change any of the consequences. I wouldn't have been able to stand on my own two feet if I started to date him.

"The Cullens... I've begun to realize are not snobs but they're not the greatest people to hang out with. I... really don't fit in with them. I tried to, but I found out I'm scared to fit in with them. I really am. It doesn't feel anything like when I'm hanging out with you guys, getting drunk at a concert or riding waves late, late at night.

"And it certainly doesn't feel like anything I feel when I'm with you, Vic. You're so... amazing. Your humor, your taste in music, your athletic talent, your gorgeous blue, blue eyes... God, I'd think I'd die without your warmth in all honesty. You're so genuine and real and just there. And I really need that. That's all I need. That's all I'll ever ask for."

Joan took in a deep breath when Victor pulled her in a tight embrace, kissing her full on the mouth. She got lost in the moment, in the passion, in the... love.

When they pulled away, they were all smiles. He whispered softly, "Well, you will have it. And more. So much more." He kissed her gently when the second period bell rang. They pulled away and Joan felt the tips of her ears turn red in embarrassment, 'Was it that long?'

Victor only laughed as he looped one arm around her waist and led her casually to class.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:50 pm

"Miss Cullen?" Mr. Banner asked dubiously as he walked in on the spectacle.

"Yes, Mr. Banner?" Alice asked politely.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I cannot let this go unnoticed. You're going to have to go down to the principal's office."

"What? But she's had a spotless record all year!" Jasper replied.

Mr. Banner thought a moment, "Fine, but don't let this happen again, Miss Cullen. Or you will go to the principal's office."

"Thank you, sir," Alice replied.

"Don't thank me, thank your...brother."

"Oh, thanks Jasper," Alice smiled.

"Anytime," Jasper smiled as he dragged Edward out of the room.

"Miss Cullen, a word?" Mr. Banner asked, leading her out to the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Joan walked into 2nd period, Calculus feeling relieved and calm. 'No more drama,' she told herself as she took her seat.

Mr. Dresden approached and asked if she was feeling better in which she replied she was fine with a bright smile. He was easily persuaded and went back to writing the warm-up on the chalkboard.

'Thirteen more days til graduation...'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:22 pm

"Miss Cullen, I've noticed a...change...in your usual bright, cheery self," Mr. Banner began. "Is everything alright at home?"

"Yes, sir," Alice answered. "Everything's fine, I'm just....undergoing a personal revolution."

Mr. Banner nodded, concerned about this strange teenager, a loner though cheerful and friendly. He wondered what sort of people the Cullens were, and why they were so exclusive. He sighed, not wanting to think on it too much.

"Just feel free to talk to me about anything," he told Alice. "I'm always here, so don't think you're completely alone."

"Thank you, Mr. Banner," Alice smiled shyly as the bell rang. "Oh, there's the bell, I really must leave."

She walked calmly into her English class with Edward, just as the late bell rang. She avoided his gaze, instead choosing to write down the outcome and drill on the chalkboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Normal" Day at Forks High
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next