A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind

HomeHome  AMOTGKAMOTGK  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Alice, does anyone even remember this site? Sad Love, Joan

A "Normal" Day at Forks High

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

Number of posts : 354
Karma Points : 360
Registration date : 2009-03-23

A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Joan staggered into her house, flipping on the chandelier light in the foyer when the room began to spin. She slammed the door shut behind her and stumbled her way to the bathroom where she spent ten minutes over the toilet, emptying whatever was in her stomach.

After she flushed the toilet and brushed her teeth, she walked back out in the empty house. 'It feels... cold,' she thought absentmindedly, rubbing her arms for some warmth. Of course she couldn't help but think it had something to do with the absence of her father.

'No, no... He's been away for weekend conventions before and I've been fine,' she told herself logically, 'Maybe, it has something to do with...'

Joan shook her head, saying softly, "Stop, just stop. You'll be fine for the break. Enjoy it, Joanie girl 'cause it's probably the last peace and quiet you'll ever have in Forks."

But for some reason, her instinct told her to lock up the house tight, even all the windows. She told herself it would help her sleep better tonight. But when she climbed into bed that night, she tossed and turned for a couple hours before she could actually fall asleep.

----------The Next Day----------
Back to top Go down
http://uglylipstick.wordpress.com/
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 788
Karma Points : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:19 pm

"Alice, are you sure she'll come?" Edward asked her the next morning.

"I swear Edward, if you ask me that ONE MORE TIME.." Alice closed her eyes and began to let her mind wander to what she and Jasper did the previous night.

"DAMN ALICE, THAT IS SOOOOO NOT FAIR!" Edward stormed out of the room angrily.

"IS TOO!" she yelled back, then decided to watch the High School Musical Trilogy with Jasper.
Back to top Go down
http://missalicecullen1901.wordpress.com
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:29 pm

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

Joan slammed her hand down on her alarm clock, almost knocking the infernal contraption off the night stand as she rolled over onto her back and stared up at the painted ceiling.

It was a sort of surreal thing that Jared was into. He painted a landscape that reminded you of the countryside but it was surrounded with modern skyscrapers and snow and rain and sun were scattered at different angles of the painting. He had explained it once he was done, "It's to remind you that no matter where you are, life goes on." It was perhaps the sweetest thing he had ever said in their relationship.

She sat up, rolling her neck and shoulders, stretching out her sore limbs when she saw the time, 8:37. 'Shit!' She darted out of her bedroom and into her closet, looking for something appropriate to wear to Mike's party.

Joan stumbled out, wearing a floral printed top, the only nice top she owned, and a pair of faded skinny jeans. She was tying on her beat up Converses when her phone rang. She answered without checking Caller ID, "Hello?"

It was Tyler, impatient as ever, "Hey, where are you?"

She told him swiftly as she pulled up her hair into a messy bun, "On my way." She hung up, throwing it into her purse before running down the stairs and rummaging through her backpack for her keys and her wallet.

Once she found them, she ran out to her car, checking the time: 8:53. "Way to start the day, Joan. Hectic and rushing..." She muttered as she turned her car on and whipped out of the driveway and onto the road.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm

"Why the hell are we watching this?" Jasper asked as he, Alice, and Emmett watched High School Musical.

"Because I said so," Alice and Emmett responded in unison.

"That's creepy," Edward remarked as he entered.

"Not really," Alice replied. "Just well rehearsed."

"Right then..." Jasper and Edward were confused and decided to just watch the movie.

Alice and Emmett watched happily, completely engrossed. Edward and Jasper found it creepy that the two of them knew most of the words. Pretty soon, though...

"ALICE, STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT!" Edward roared.

"You weren't..." Jasper stared, terrified, at Alice.

"No, darling," Alice reassured him. "Emmett was."

"Hey!" Emmett pouted. "Was not!"
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Joan got to Tyler's house at exactly 9:05 am which gave Tyler every right to reprimand her for being five minutes late. But that didn't mean she had to take it.

Tyler kept playing the same tone as they walked up to the house, "I told you exactly nine o'clock SHARP at my house but no-"

"Christ, Tyler! I overslept! I'm fucking sorry that my honors classes and the fucking musical have kept me on a tight schedule that I ACTUALLY enjoy the sleep I can GET," Joan exploded in her face.

"I've always wondered what I miss the most nowadays when I think about our good times," Jessica started, leaning against the oak door with a huge grin, "I can't believe I didn't realize it was you and your sarcasm, Jo." She pushed herself off and gave her old friend a huge hug that Joan gratefully returned.

"And I miss your big, stylish hair," Joan quipped as she laced her arm with Jessica's, walking into the house, "Everyone around me has awfully straight hair that it gets sooo boring..."

Jessica giggled when they walked into the main room which was already crowded with people from school that Joan vaguely recognized from passing in the hallway. She estimated it was about fifty people when someone grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back into a firm hug.

Joan looked up to see it was Eric and she gave a big grin, hugging him back, "Oh god! Eric! When was the last time I saw you?"

He shrugged, lacing their fingers together in a friendly manner as they navigated their way through the party crowd, "I think last year, second semester pre-calc. But, you know how great it is to see you?"

Joan retaliated playfully, "As great as it is to see you?"

They stopped at the refreshment table with him saying, "Always the charmer, aren't we, Jo?"

She shrugged, unable to stop smiling, 'When was the last time I actually did have fun? Man, why do I keep thinking about 'last times'? Let's just enjoy ourselves today, Joanie.'

Tyler ran in from the front room and told everyone hurriedly, "He's here! Everybody go!" The next few seconds were an absolute frenzy as all fifty people at the party tried to find a hiding spot in the living room while the lights were out. Eric dragged Joan down to the ground and they both crawled under the refreshment table with their drinks.

Eric whispered as Joan sipped the punch, "I'm afraid to imagine what would happen if people discovered us under here together with alcoholic drinks." She nearly spit up, trying not to laugh while giving him a somewhat stern look that turned into a bright smile, her eyes dancing with laughter.

Soon, the lights went on and everyone jumped out of their hiding spot, yelling, "SURPRISE!"

Mike looked absolutely flustered but he grinned like a mad man as he hugged old friends and shook people he knew from sports and classes. Eric helped Joan out from under the table as she asked, "Not that I'm against it, but why is the party so early?"

Eric answered as they walked over to the birthday, "Because Tyler's parents at back home at five and Jessica wanted a small group of us to have a small get-together at the beaches later tonight, maybe surf and bonfire?"

She nodded, taking another sip of the salty punch that was mixed with berry flavor and vodka, "Who's going?"

"Mike, Jessica, Tyler, Angela, Jared, who you don't have to talk to if you don't want to, Lauren, and Victor, new jock sophomore I think. He's quiet, shy, but intelligent and creative... You're type, right?" She smacked him playfully which made him give a smug grin as he finished, "Oh and you and me of course."

"Of course," Joan echoed as they finally got their turn to talk to the birthday boy. Eric stepped up first, shaking hands firmly with Mike, saying, "Man, congrats on 17. You're legal now in Europe." Mike gave a somewhat, forced smile when he saw Joan.

"Jo? Joan Taylor?" He gasped in amazement as he managed to say through his shock, "You're actually here!"

Joan shrugged amiably, saying, "Well, it's better than sleeping in." She was pulled abruptly into a giant bear hug, one she was too familiar with. 'It's exactly how I remember.'

It was a couple minutes before he pulled away and asked with a bright smile, "You're coming tonight, right?"

She returned the smile warmly, "Wouldn't miss it for the world."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:17 pm

"FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!" Edward screamed as Zac Efron began singing "Bet On It."

"Who? Zac?" Alice questioned calmly.

"No, you, Alice!" Edward growled. "Just stop thinking! Please, for my sanity," he pleaded.

"Me? Think? No, you must be mistaken," Alice replied innocently. "It's all Emmett."

Edward snorted in disbelief as Emmett glared at Alice, "Is not!"

"Is too!" Alice countered. "Who else would think THAT?"

Emmett gasped. "You were thinking THAT? God Alice, you're twisted!"

"Only to torture Eddy," Alice grinned smugly. Edward eloquently responded by smacking Alice with a pillow.

"Jerk," he muttered as Alice grabbed another pillow and whacked him with it.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:41 pm

After the party crowd dispersed, everyone had piled into Tyler's giant van and drove down to La Push beach just as the sun was beginning to set. Joan was situated between Eric and Angela in the back, while Mike, Jared and Victor were all squished together in the seat in front of them with Jessica on Mike's lap and of course, Tyler in the driver's seat with Lauren in the passenger.

'Tight ride,' Joan thought with a sigh, leaning forward in her seat a bit, 'But at least I'm back out again. Man, I feel a good time coming on...' She joined in the conversation soon after about Mr. Mason's engagement to the young librarian assistant. Mike made a joke about Mr. Mason's self-proclaimed 'asexual speech' last year and Joan was in stitches with laughter.

Soon, they arrived at the beach which was barely crowded except with some of the reservation kids. Joan stayed behind and helped Tyler, Victor and Jared unload the surfboards, blankets, and the firewood for the bonfire.

She refused to make eye contact with Jared so she began to chat up Victor, who was pleasantly charming but seemed a bit out of his element here at the party.

"So why'd you come?" Joan asked curiously as they began to set up the blankets away from the incoming surf.

"'Cause Mike and I have been best buds since last semester when I got him out of that fight with Ron. Y'know? The big tight end of the football team." He explained to her as they went back to help Tyler with the last pieces of the firewood.

"Well, that was awfully nice of you. Usually, Mike can get himself out of a fight but hey, we all can't be perfect," Joan said with a grin as she got the last of the firewood, leaving Victor empty-handed.

Victor offered politely, "Are you sure you don't want me to take those?"

She shook her head with a smile, "Nope, I'm a big girl... But thanks."

"A big girl indeed," came Jared's chilling voice from behind her. She turned and gave him the firecest glare she could muster, which sent him backtracking to Tyler, Mike, Eric, and Jessica who were getting suited up for the first rounds of surfing.

Joan rolled her eyes when Victor asked, "Bad relationship?"

She was surprised by his intution but the way he spoke made him sound like he knew exactly what he was talking about. So all she could was nod.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 pm

"What the hell do we do now?" Edward asked after they killed all the pillows with the pillow fight.

"Um, I dunno," Alice and Emmett shrugged.

"Again, REALLY creepy!" Edward glared.

"Sorry," they apologized.

"So, what do we do?" Emmett asked.

"We...I dunno...staring contest?" Alice suggested.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 2:31 pm

For the past couple hours, Joan had been talking to Victor, surfing (and being the only one to actually ride without falling off), ignoring stares from the reservation kids, drinking with Mike and company around the bonfire and avoiding Jared.

While they were out surfing again, with both Victor and Jared in tow, she took the time to lay down and relax on the blanket. She sat back against her arms and tilted her head up to see the stars. The night breeze blew through time and time again but she felt comfortable and exhausted enough to fall asleep.

"Hey, you're with the Forks kids right?" Joan turned to see one of the reservation kids crouching down next to her on the blanket.

She nodded so he prompted another question, "Do you know Isabella Swan?"

"Bella? Kind of... She hasn't been very nice to me..." Joan told him, stretching out her legs and crossing her ankles.

"Not nice? That doesn't sound the Bella I know," he said as he took the liberty to sit crossed legged next to her.

"Brown hair? Brown eyes? Tall, gorgeous, a bit pale... Hails from Arizona and won't stop bitching about the cold up here and how we're inferior to her. Oh and she's dating Edward Cullen," she ticked off the different features of Bella on her fingers.

'Man, I love being straight up honest. Pretenses are so overrated,' she grinned to herself as the kid next to her grumbled, "That sounds about right except for the last few parts. Is she seriously dating the Cullen kid?"

Joan nodded, "For the past few weeks or so..." And suddenly, it just came together in her head; she asked teasing, "Why? You think you waited too long to ask her?"

The kid looked away, hiding a blush that made his face completely flustered, "N-no... I was just... checking up on an old friend."

"Come on, man. Be serious with yourself. If you like her, then you like her. No harm done," Joan put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "Keep lying to yourself and you'll just hurt everyone around you, including yourself."

The kid nodded and broke into a weak grin, "Thanks... You're a lot... nicer than your friends."

Joan chuckled a bit, "Ha, you think so? 'Cause I've been declared the Bitch Queen at my school. If you want to hear it straight, you come to me."

They both laughed for a bit and Joan felt better about not being left alone by her friends. He extended his hand and said, "Jacob."

She shook it firmly, saying warmly, "Joan."

Jacob began to stand, saying, "Well I can't keep my friends," he pointed back with his thumb to the other two reservation kids, "Waiting any longer. It was nice to meet you, Joan. Hopefully, this won't be the only time."

"Are you kidding me? I love invading your beach and riding in your surf," she joked playfully, which made him laugh a bit more.

"Yeah, yeah... All right..." He was about to walk away when he stopped and looked like he remembered something. He turned back around and said, "Oh and Joan?"

Joan also turned to him, giving him her full attention as he continued, "I know this is a little crazy sounding but uh... My friends say you reek of the Cold Ones. They say you should keep your distance if you want to be safe."

'A warning about vampires? From the Quileutes? I wonder...' Joan thought inquisitively before she shook her head and asked absentmindedly, trying not to sound too obvious, "The Cold Ones, huh? Well, it's better damn cold up here to begin with so your friends will have to be more specific."

Jacob laughed again, telling her, "It's just a Quileute folklore. I wouldn't worry yourself much about it..." He waved goodbye as did she, walking away to his group of friends who looked a little angry at the exchange.

Joan sighed and asked herself, 'Now, why would the reservation kids warn me about the danger of the Cullens? Well, they are Quileute and the Quileutes have been around for a long time so maybe they had some past interaction with the Cullens when they moved here way back when...'

"Yup, that's probably it," she reassured herself as she laid all the way down back on the blanket.

Soon it was time to go so Joan helped pack up the van and they drove back to Forks. On the way back, after making plans to go to the local bowling alley tomorrow, Tyler asked, "So why were the reserves talking to you?"

Joan replied coolly, "They were looking for Bella. Apparently, they've known her for a while." Tyler took this answer with a nod and she was about to scream for joy because it was a first for Tyler to not carry on an interrogation.

But Jessica continued, "I don't like Bella being such a bitch to me. I mean, ever since she started dating the Cullens, who are complete snobs, she's been nothing but mean. Like she thinks she's superior to everyone because she's dating Edward and used to take honors classes at her old school... But she really is stupid. And a jerk."

Jessica looked like she was about to cry, probably because Bella had told her some mean things so Joan reached over and held her best friend's hand, squeezing it tight. Everyone was silent as Jessica tried to hold in her tears.

She finally managed, wiping them away with her sleeve. But she held tight to Joan's hand as she spoke in a soft voice, that sounded broken, "Promise me, Joan... Promise me."

And Joan knew exactly what she meant: Jessica didn't want to lose another friend to the Cullens and have them turn against her as a snob.

"I promise," Joan spoke firmly, kissing her best friend's hand to seal that promise. Jessica smiled and everyone sighed with relief.

Joan, however, leaned back in her seat and became pensive.

'Two warnings about the Cullens in one night? From people who've become my friends, whether now or again... Maybe, being friends with them is more trouble than they're worth. And the whole Volturi thing? It's probably just best if I... just ignore them and leave them out of my life... For the rest of my life.'

They arrived at Tyler's house and bid each other goodnight. Joan was about to climb into her van and drive off when she was stopped by a hand. She turned around to see Victor smiling brightly.

He asked, "Do you mind if we go to breakfast tomorrow? So we can talk more?"

Joan nodded, smiling back, "Of course. Local diner at ten?"

He nodded in agreement and waved as she finally got into her van and drove off. As she drove down the barren road, she smiled brightly, thinking about all the fun she had today.

'I've forgotten how much fun it is just to hang out like a normal teenager... And how awesome my friends are. This is... This is exactly all I need right now.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Alice inhaled sharply as she got a vision, staring off into the distance for a few minutes as Jasper and Edward watched before...

"Oh God," she closed her eyes in shock.

"What? What happened, Alice?" Edward asked sharply.

"She...she's going to...leave us..." Alice cried and shook her head. "I just can't lose another one!"

Edward and Jasper exchanged a look. Alice was a bit too involved with the humans, maybe it was for the best that Joan leave them alone. Her expression of grief became a mask of fury when she realized what they were thinking. "NO! I'm not too involved! I'm just NICE!" she dry-sobbed onto Jasper's shoulder. Then Alice composed herself, "Fine, I'll go to school next week, and if she snubs us, no big loss, right?" she said hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:46 pm

------------First Day From Break------------

Joan was happy. No, Joan was ecstatic. Her break had gone fabulously well. She and Victor had gone from fast buddies to an official item and there's no sign of them slowing down anytime soon. She had been welcomed back into her group of friends with open arms and was feeling absolutely wonderful.

'Absolutely,' she echoed the sentiment in her head as she drove into the school parking lot, the first day back from break. She stifled a yawn and stretched a bit after she had parked in a spot near Tyler's massive van, thinking, 'Yeah, too bad hanging out with these guys means less sleep and having to camp out in the library during free period to finish my term paper due tomorrow.'

Joan, nonetheless, smiled at how great she was feeling. She began to wonder why she hadn't just gone with her friends into the throngs of popularity. 'I wouldn't have been so miserable and maybe, life could've been...' She stopped her train of thought when she had checked her calender for this week.

'Shit! The hearing's on Wednesday,' She sighed in frustration, throwing her phone back in her bag, 'Way to bum my week now...'

Joan pulled her tired self out of the car when she felt a cold hand on her forearm. She looked up startled, into Edward's butterscotch eyes. She stuttered out, "Ed...Edward?"

"We need to talk," he told her in his smooth, composed voice. He shut the car door for her and began to practically drag her into the school building.

Joan yanked her arm out of his grip and he obliged, knowing that if he didn't, he would've dislocated her arm from her shoulder. She told him sourly, "We already had a talk about making me do things against my will, Edward."

"Yes, but even if I had asked you, you would've been so insistent to stay with your new friends," Edward argued a bit mockingly but Joan could hear the hurt in his voice when he said 'new friends'.

She resigned, taking his hand and leading him the rest of the way into the library, saying, "Sorry, okay. We can talk here."

Edward gave a faint smirk, "Really? In the library?"

Joan gave him a look, asking, "Where else is there to talk?"

He shrugged, thinking of a suggestion but deciding against it, knowing that if he even said it, she'd strike it down before he could even finish telling her.

They sat in a corner, tucked away from curious eyes as Joan asked softly, "So what do you need to talk about?"

Edward composed himself a bit as he leaned closer to keep his voice low enough for only her to hear, "Your mother's hearing is on Wednesday, is it not?"

She nodded dismissively, not wanting to dwell on the thought of her mother, "Yes."

He continued, "Well... Is anyone going to be there?"

Joan was baffled by his question that she just started blubbering out answers, "Well of course! There's going to be my father, my mother, my step-father, the-"

Edward put his finger on her lips, silencing her effectively as he gave a light grin, "I know that. But is anyone going to be there for you?"

"Oh," was the only answer she could give. She hadn't really thought about that part. 'It probably would help me get through it if I had one of my friends there,' she thought pensively.

"Especially someone who knows what's really going on with you," he added to her thought.

Joan's defenses riled up at the mild accusation, "You don't know everything because I haven't told anyone everything. I-"

"That is true but one doesn't always have to say what's going on for someone else to know," he reasoned logically, tapping the side of her head gently.

Her breathing became erratic as she asked, horrified, "You read my mind?! That's how you know?! Why would you-"

Edward shushed her quietly, waiting until her heartbeat had slowed before explaining, "No, I don't know everything... And I would never read your mind without your permission. That's just rude... But I know and Alice knows more about this than probably anyone else you know and trust, besides your father..."

She was silent, contemplative as he proposed his question again, "Do you want us to come on Wednesday?"

"No," she answered quickly, gripping his hand tight, "I need you to come on Wednesday. Please?"
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Alice walked up gracefully behind Edward and sat in the seat next to him. "We'd love to join you, Joanie," she said calmly. "But won't your 'new friends' get hurt?" she bristled at the memory of her vision.

"Alice, calm down," Edward cautioned. "It hasn't happened yet, and it WON'T happen."

"Says you," Alice grumbled at her favorite brother. "I'm NEVER wrong, betch."

"Of course," Edward rolled his eyes in exasperation.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:00 pm

"I..." Joan was a loss for words. 'I could easily lie and tell them that my new friends are not a concern... Edward might pick up on it but... My friends are a concern to me but... I want to be truthful with these guys...'

She sighed, letting go of Edward's hand to brush her hair out of her face, 'Man, when was the last time I got a haircut?' She replied softly, "I... want you guys to be there for me. Really. It'd mean the whole world to me. Can we... just deal with the whole friend issue after the trail, please?"

Joan didn't intend it but she sounded desperate in the last words she said. 'I just don't think I can do this all at once... Even if I'm forced... I'll crack soon after if I do.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:08 pm

"Yeah, we'll be there," Alice said softly. "Do you want us to pick you up beforehand?"

"Or would you rather meet us there?" Edward cut in, glancing over at Alice. "We shouldn't pressure her to be with us if she'd rather leave us alone."

"We shouldn't push her away either!" Alice countered. "Joan's smart, she'll make the right decision. I know it."

"Oh, that's not pressuring at all," Edward remarked.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:14 pm

"Umm... I'm sure my boy- ummm- Victor, is going to drive me," Joan said, feeling her ears flush pink so she tried casually brushing her hair in front of her ears so they couldn't see. She continued somewhat normally, "So yeah, you should meet me there..."

'God, why do I feel like Vic is my first boyfriend? Talking about him... and me makes me shy all of a sudden. It's nice but somewhat... tiring,' she thought absentmindedly.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:27 pm

"Sure, sounds good," Edward replied calmly as Alice seethed with...anger? Jealousy? She wasn't even sure anymore.

"Calm down, tiger," Edward whispered in her ear. "She hasn't left us....yet."

Yet? YET?! Alice panicked. She's going to leave us without saying goodbye, and I'll be a social outcast again! Maybe I'll run off to Italy...?
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:38 pm

After lunch came and gone with food flung immaturely between the guys and the usual school gossip with the girls, Joan was walking Victor to his last period of the day.

They stood outside the door to his Human Geography class, with his arms around her back and hers around his waist. And she couldn't help but stare up into his beautiful blue eyes and imagine all the possibilities he could offer her and that she could offer him.

"So, do I get to see you after school?" She asked softly, unable to break away from his gaze.

He shrugged amiably, pulling her into a tight hug, "Depends on whether the rain will ruin the field enough for us not to play."

She relaxed into his tight embrace, chuckling, "Ah, I forgot. The big lacrosse jock has to go to practice..."

Victor smiled, brushing his hand through her hair, "How about I stop by later tonight and take you out for dinner? Maybe, finally meet your father?"

Joan faltered a bit; she had been dreading the confrontation between her father and her boyfriend and tried to put it off for as long as she could. Her father was very protective of her ever since Jared broke her heart, and only wanted the absolute best for her.

'I can imagine him with the baseball bat by the door already,' she thought with a shudder but she saw the determination in her boyfriend's eyes so she couldn't help but give in, "Okay. I'll see you tonight?"

'This guy has got me by the strings. I don't think I've ever bent so far for someone I've only dated for a week,' she thought giddily as he leaned down and pressed his mouth against hers. The first bell rang, breaking them apart startled.

Victor chuckled and said a bit sadly, "Well, Human Geo awaits."

Joan stood on her tip-toes and gave him a light peck on the lips, "Have fun and don't give Ms. Arwell a hard time."

He began to pout but one serious look from Joan made him chuckle uneasily, "All right, all right..." He finally let go of her and walked into the classroom. But before he went in, he signed to her, "I love you." She signed back, smiling as she walked down the almost empty halls.

When she got outside, she almost jumped in excitement. 'Vic's taking me out to dinner tonight!'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:45 pm

"So...Italy?" Edward raised his eyebrow.

"Only to join the Volturi, I'm not suicidal, that's only if Jasper leaves me as well," Alice teased. "Which he won't. I won't let him."

"You know, I just read this article on domestic violence..." Edward joked. "And they said that short, brunette annoyances were the most likely to commit domestic violence against their spouse..."

"Shut up! I'd never hurt Jazz," Alice rolled her eyes at Edward's silliness.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:56 pm

Joan was busy herself getting ready. She was playing with the now cut ends of her hair, brushing them back from her face as she adjusted her falling bra strap. She heard the doorbell ring and checked her clock, '6:09 PM'.

"I'm not ready! Shit!" She swore under her breath as she pulled her dark blue mini dress over her head. She smudged her makeup around so it made her brown eyes smoky and mysterious when her dad clomped his way to the front door.

He called up shortly after, "Sweetie, he looks awfully young for you."

'What?' was all Joan could think of, a bit confused. 'Vic's a giant. He could easily pass for twenty...' She pulled on her black flats as she walked down the stairs, asking, "Are you sure?"

Her father nodded, already brandishing the bat, "Well, who else would it be?"

'I don't know,' was the only response she could think of. So, she stepped past her dad and peeked out the window. It was Jacob!

"Dad," she said in a warning tone, "It's not Vic. It's Jacob, one of my friends from La Push."

"Oh," he said calmly but held the baseball bat tight in his hands.

Joan rolled her eyes as she opened the door with a smile, "Hey, Jacob."

Jacob turned around and gave a friendly grin but looked surprised by her appearance, "Joan, hey! Wow, you look... gorgeous. You going out?"

She nodded, a bit excitedly, "Yeah, my boyfriend's taking me out to dinner."

"Oh," he sounded somewhat defeated but continued in a happy tone, "Do you think I could sneak a word with you before he arrives?"

Joan smiled warmly, "Of course!" She turned to her dad, "I'll be right back. You can put the bat away while I'm gone." She closed the door before he could say anything else.

She followed him into the driveway, rubbing her arms for warmth, "So what's up?"
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Edward froze, obviously hearing something he didn't want to. "Goddamn, Jake's talking to Joan!"

Alice growled, "Oh, no he's not!" she said as she ran over to Joan's house. She approached the werewolf. "OI! GET AWAY FROM MY HUMAN!" the petite vampire yelled. "No fair turning her against me!"

Jacob blinked, "Alice? How...?"

"Edward tipped me off," Alice explained. "How could you? I thought we trusted each other!"
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:14 pm

(OOC: Keep in mind this takes place between Twilight and New Moon, love muffin!)

"Wait... You guys know each other?" Joan asked, completely shocked by Alice's sudden presence. She was even more baffled about why Alice was here. And now, she definitely wanted to know what Jacob was going to tell her.

"Jacob, what do you need to talk about?" She asked, trying to wrap herself up against the cold night breeze.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:37 pm

"Don't say anything, Jake!" Alice cried out. "If you do, I will hurt you."

"Yeah, right," Jacob laughed. "Like you could hurt me."

"You do remember those old Quileute tales about the Cullens, yes, Jacob? How would you like to find out if they're real?" she smiled menacingly.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:50 pm

"That's not fair, Alice!" Joan said warningly, getting a little ticked off that these guys were avoiding her questions so easily. "And you too, Jacob... Why the hell are you keeping secrets from me?! I already know the biggest one."

Jacob turned from his heated glare with Alice and asked, surprised, "You know?"

She nodded, shivering once more in the cold wind, "Well, it's not hard to figure it out when they hunt right in front of you..."

Jacob whipped back around to Alice and his expression turned furious, "You did what now?"

'Why did that sound like the wrong choice of words?' Joan thought helplessly as she ran over and held Jacob back from his advance towards the pixie vampire, "Stop, stop it!"

"Joan, stay out of this. This is between me and the bloodsucker," Jacob told her vehemently, pulling out of her grasp without effort.

'When did he get so strong?' Joan wondered briefly as Jacob stepped a little closer, "Yeah, that's right. I know too. I know EXACTLY what you did to my people. And one day, I'll make you pay..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 pm

"I didn't do anything!" Alice found herself explaining. "It was Jasper, you know he's newer to our lifestyle. I've done nothing, Jacob. And I'm not afraid of you."

Way to go, girlfriend! the Rosalie voice cheered in her head. You tell 'im, Alice!

Thanks, Rose, Alice replied mentally.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Jacob rolled his neck arrogantly, "Is that so? Then come and fight me, bloodsucker." He crouched down, flexing his arms out to the side.

Joan had enough of this; she marched right over and pulled Jacob roughly up by his arm, standing between the two, "We are not doing this now in my driveway. Jacob, if you're here to warn to stay away from the Cullens because they're dangerous, I already know. Obviously.

"There's no need for this fighting at all if all just amounts up to one thing I already know. Okay?" She looked between the two with an angry glare, "I don't need any more shit from my friends and the supernatural."

She sighed heavily and walked back inside, feeling chilled to the bone and about to cry at how frustrated she was. 'The things I have to put up with. Man, I wonder how I'm not in an early grave with all this fucking stress...'

Joan went back inside and clomped up the stairs to finish getting ready for her date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Normal" Day at Forks High
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next