A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind

HomeHome  AMOTGKAMOTGK  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Alice, does anyone even remember this site? Sad Love, Joan

A "Normal" Day at Forks High

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

Number of posts : 354
Karma Points : 360
Registration date : 2009-03-23

A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm

"I... Edward, I can't have sex with you. Ever. No matter how much you turn up the heat and pin me to your car door, I just can't. I trust you as a friend but nothing more. And when you did that, you put me- well us- in a compromising position.

"I've just started trusting you as a really good friend, someone I can confide in and talk to without being shut down or having opinions shove down my throat. I really need that and you're..." Joan swallowed the lump in her throat as she looked away from Edward's intent gaze, staring down at her folded hands.

"I really appreciate it. But I can't just go from trusting you to fucking you, pardon my language. I've been there before. It never works out well. And I can't put myself in that situation because it left me bitter with the guy and I won't put you in that position because... I can't lose you right now."

Joan felt tears coming in her eyes, relieved that she had gotten that off her chest. 'It just always feels better to talk it out... Really.' She mumbled out, pressing her sleeve to the tears dripping down her face, "I can't lose you ever."

Edward remained silent throughout her entire speech, regarding her with a emotion she didn't quite recognize. 'Concern? Lust? No, something more intense than that...'

He leaned into her, whispering softly, "Try love." He pressed his lips lightly to hers, wrapping his arm tight around her back, pulling her into him.
Back to top Go down
http://uglylipstick.wordpress.com/
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 788
Karma Points : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 6:56 pm

Alice shuddered as she went into a vision.

"Alice? What do you think?" Rosalie held out her foot encased in a bright red pump. She glanced at Alice's face. "Alice? ALICE?? Oh damn, she's gone," she muttered as she took off the shoe and ran to Hot Topic, running into Jasper on his way back.

"Rose? What's wrong?" he felt the distress in her like fog. "Where's Alice? What happened?"

"She's in a vision!" Rosalie whispered frantically. "You gotta come help!"

"Alright," Jasper agreed as he rushed back to Alice with the blonde vampiress. "Alice, sweetheart, what is it? What do you see?"

"Edward...and Joan..." Alice shuddered.

"Yes, what about them?" he asked methodically.

"They're...in love?" Alice was confused and snapped out of her vision. "What does it mean?"

"It means Eddy's gonna get laid," Jasper smiled. "Let's go home and wait for him to return."

"It's going to take a while..."Alice warned.

"I think we can fill the time," he grinned as they walked out of the store.

"Ewwwwww," Rosalie groaned. "Really? That's gross."

"Shut up, Rose," Jasper and Alice said in unison as they got into the car. Alice stomped on the gas and sped towards the Cullen house, thinking over her vision.
Back to top Go down
http://missalicecullen1901.wordpress.com
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Edward pulled away from the startled Joan and commented, "You have a lot more control than..." He didn't say her name, knowing that it was the final betrayal. But Joan already knew so it was too late; she replied, looking away modestly, "I've had those needs... fulfilled already."

'Why is it impossible to talk about such intimate things around him without blushing?' Joan thought stubbornly when Edward lifted her into his lap. She had expected him to be stone cold but he felt warm, comfortable whether from the sun or from the warmth of her lips.

Joan wanted to relax but something nagged her at the back of her mind. She finally sat up straight, not entirely out of his lap but enough to be able to stand up. She told him honestly, "We can't do this. Not right now. You have Bella and I have Victor and it's not fair to either of them if we just-"

He pressed his lips once more to hers, effectively silencing her. His arms held her in place as hers crept up his back, holding tight to him. It felt intimate enough, just not passionate kissing.

Edward pulled away, grinning and brushing his cold nose with hers, "Passion doesn't always involve tongues." Joan felt the tips of her ears heat up as she just leaned against his chest, muttering, "Shut up." He chuckled at her embarrassment.

But he shifted their weight so she was completely on top of him as he leaned back into the sand, with one arm around her waist and her head resting on his shoulder. She was short of breath at the sudden movement, 'This might take some getting use to... Not that I mind of course.'

Edward smiled at her, playing gently with her hair as she closed her eyes and imagined hearing a heartbeat in his chest. It almost worked; but in the end, all she could hear was her own.

"Edward?" She started off a bit hesistantly, unsure if what she was about to say would anger him or make him sulk.

"Hmmm?" He looked her straight in the eye, letting her know that she had his full attention.

Joan told him softly, "I don't want to live forever..." When he said nothing for a while, she continued her explanation, "I mean, it's a wonderful thing to be with the one you love forever but we've only started today. And I can somewhat see you and I in the future but I don't want to give it all up for you.

"I feel like that wouldn't make us equal. And for us to work, I wanted to be treated like your equal, the one you really love with all your heart. But I'm... scared of any long term thing, especially this eternity business. It's great that you guys have each other for eternity but I can't do it. Forever is not for me."

Edward finally smiled, making her heart thrum in pleasure. He told her, "That's very inhuman of you. But I expect nothing less. I'd rather love you old and wrinkly than ruin the future you want to have."

Joan was a bit shocked at his sudden but sure acceptance of what he wanted. So she stuttered, "A-are y-you s-sure you're fine with th-that?"

He nodded, telling her honestly, "It's exactly how it should be. How I want it to be." But there was a faraway look in his eyes that made Joan second-guess what she had just said. She let it go for now, leaning her head back down on his shoulder, enjoying the moment they had and would have until her mortal death.

After a while, Joan realized how tired she really was and informed Edward of it. He agreed that she should go home and get some actual sleep before school. She stumbled to her car, feeling the weariness almost overtake so he offered to drive. Instead of protesting, she smiled graciously.

When they got to her house, he walked her to the front door and kissed her goodnight, telling her, "I'll see you at school tomorrow?" She only nodded, a bit numb from his kiss. He disappeared without another word so she went inside.

When Joan finally got upstairs and settled into bed, she just realized what school meant. 'All my friends, the Cullens, Bella, and Victor... Shit!'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 pm

"He's home," Alice announced as she got up from her spot on the bed next to Jasper.

"Oh good, this will be fun," Jasper grinned as he followed Alice up to Edward's room.

Edward? Eddy, what happened? I saw you breaking up with Bella? But I thought you loved her... Alice thought worriedly. You're not suicidal, are you? Or are we moving?

Eddy boy, why are you all....in love? Jasper was confused. But you didn't go to Bella's place, did you?

They knocked on Edward's door, both concerned for his well being.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Edward looked through his music collection, wondering, 'Should I write her a song? I'm not sure since she is more of a modern girl than Bella was. Maybe dedicate a song to her? All the mortals do it. But that's too superficial... I don't know.'

He suddenly heard a knock at his door and heard voices, well thoughts.

He sighed, walking over to the door and saying quietly to the two on the other side, "I'm not suicidal, we are not moving, and my relationship with Bella is... complicated at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:11 pm

What do you mean? Alice and Jasper thought in unison.

"That's really creepy how you do that," Edward remarked.

"Not really," Alice responded. "Now what's up, Eddy? I SAW what happened at the beach, please talk to us about it? Or at least just me?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Edward chuckled a bit sardonically, "So you saw exactly what happened. I'm in love with Joan and I have a strong feeling it's mutual. But we have things that could complicate our relationship... I'm not going to think about them while I have her."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:19 pm

"You mean Victor and Bella," Alice stated. Edward nodded. "You'll make the right decision, Eddy. Just let her down easy, alright?"

"Bella or Joan?" Edward asked curiously.

"You'll see," Alice smiled mysteriously. "Just have some self-confidence."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Joan bolted up straight from her bed. She was panting heavily from the way too realistic nightmare she had just had. She ran her hand through her hair but suddenly jumped at a crash of thunder from outside. She glanced towards her window and saw rain pouring at a furious pace with blue streaks of lightning every minute or so.

'Just a dream, Jo...' Joan told herself as she laid back down on the bed, rolling over to curl up on her side. 'Or maybe, true love isn't all it's cracked up to be... But would he really... hurt me? And then go back to Bella, to cover up his remorse?' She shuddered at the thought, opening her eyes once more to stare up at the ceiling.

'Is it worth it? To date the undead? To love a vampire, a creature of the night? It'd be thrilling, compelling like every one of my dark fantasies coming true... But that's just it. This is reality, not my imaginary world, where everything works out even when it doesn't make sense...' She reached up, brushing her fingers idly along the ceiling picture before sighing and plopping down on her bed, 'I'm not going back to sleep any time soon...'

Joan reached over and stuck her earbuds in before cracking up the soothing, distorted sound of Silversun Pickups.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:49 pm

"Alice, just tell me!" Edward pleaded.

"No, then what's the fun in that?" Alice smirked.

"Please, Alice?"

"No way."

"Why not?" he growled.

"Because I feel like being a vague bitchy kind of soothsayer from Shakespearian England," Alice shrugged. "However, there IS one way to possibly get an answer..."

She began thinking, detailing her evil plan to Edward, unknown to Jasper.

"Alice?! What is it?" Jasper asked, scared of what she was thinking.

"Nothing, darling," Alice smiled. "Just go back to thinking about sex."

Goddamn, HOW DOES SHE DO THAT? Jasper pondered. "SHE KNOWS TOO MUCH, SATAN WOMAN MUST DIE!" he shrieked.

"What, Jasper?" Alice asked.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:05 pm

'I've always been one to move too fast. With everything. I rush through papers in English but somehow manage to be a B every time. I forgive too easily, listen too easily... Whenever someone asks me a question, I never think things through even when a million answers run through my mind.

'My friends always expect to finish first: in school, surfing, everything. My tech crew has the assumption that I want everything done now. It's just how I am. Maybe, I should've tried out for the track team.' Joan chuckled a bit at the thought before continuing in her thought process, 'So maybe, I'm rushing through this whole "true love" thing. Maybe, it's not for me. I'm scared of commitment, anything long-term, so spending eternity with one person seems out of the question...

'But... maybe, it'll be different this time. Edward's different. I... hope it's different this time. For my sanity... and my heart.'

Joan sang along with the last lines of the song, "I've been waiting. I've been waiting for this moment..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:09 pm

"Nothing," Jasper muttered, regretting his lack of control. "Sorry, honey."

"You better be," Alice smacked him lightly before turning her thoughts back to Edward, who nodded in agreement.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:14 pm

The alarm by her beside started beeping obnoxiously, startling Joan out of her dozing. She slammed her hand on the off button and rolled out of the bed ungracefully, walking in a tired daze to her closet.

She pulled on a long sleeve and some jeans before yawning and stretching, her lack of sleep catching up to her quickly. She hit her head on the door frame as she walked out of her room, causing her to curse quietly.

'Oh, yeah. I'm definitely going to think rationally today.'

Last edited by Joan Taylor on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:21 pm

"So, what's the plan?" Jasper sidled up to Alice as the Cullen kids got into Edward's Volvo and drove to school.

"Not. Gonna. Tell. You," Alice smirked.

Jasper pouted. "Aw, why not?"

"'Cause it's a secret," she smiled mysteriously, scaring all the other vampires.

"OH SHIT, ALICE HAS A PLAN!" Emmett yelled. "AND JASPER'S NOT IN ON IT!!!"

"Right you are, I am," Edward smiled just as mysteriously as he pulled up to the school and parked.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Joan got out of her van, holding her head in pain from whacking herself on the door frame. 'Goddamn, I'm acting loopy and clumsy today...' She thought in pain as she pressed her cold fingers to the growing bruise near her hairline. 'Fuck, I don't have bangs to hide it!'

"Hey, Jo- Whoa, what happened?" She spun around to see Victor approaching with a bright smile that turned to concern as he stepped in front of her, moving her hand out of his way. "That is going to be a massive shiner... Did someone hit you?"

Joan shook her head as she turned away, going back into her car for her bag, telling him, "I... hit my head on the door frame this morning going out."

"How hard? I mean, the bruise is already forming..." Victor asked, pulling her bag out of her hand.

Joan gave him a look but he wouldn't let go of her bag. She sighed, giving up as she locked the car door, "Hard enough apparently." She rubbed her eyes open, stifling a yawn with her hand. She nearly jumped out of her skin when Vic wrapped a tight arm around her waist, pulling her close to his warm chest.

'Warmth... Feels so nice,' she babbled in her head as he kissed her tenderly on the lips, saying, "Now, let's start this over. Good morning, love."

Joan smiled up at Vic, feeling that tingling sensation spread across her skin like it always did when he was around. 'Edward is dangerous, sexy, protective... But Vic is caring, always there, and treats me like his equal... The bad boy or the guy next door? Feels like a soap opera.'

Victor led her the rest of the way into the building, keeping her in fits of laughter while reminding her of how warm he was and Edward was not.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:01 pm

"Calm down, tiger," Alice muttered as Edward let out a low growl when he saw Victor. "You have Bella, remember?"

"You're right, Alice," Edward sighed. "Off to Biology?"

"Mhm," she agreed. "Want me to talk to her?"

"Please and thank you," he said politely, then walked off to his classroom.

Alice entered her science classroom and sat down at her table, hoping Joan would sit next to her. She COULD join her friends, she thought bitterly. Then I'll be the loner all over again. True, a loner with good fashion, but still a loner.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Victor told Joan quietly before he let her go into the classroom, "Go home if you feel any dizziness or rushes to your head. I don't want you passing out in the middle of class, okay?"

'Because he doesn't want to feel bad that he left me on my own... No, he sounds like... he actually cares. Huh,' Joan thought as he bent down and gave her a sweet, open-mouthed kiss as the late bell rang.

Victor handed her her bag, and kissed her lightly on the forehead, saying, "I'll see you later." He bolted down the hall to his class at the other side of the school. She rolled her eyes but felt a warm feeling build in her chest, 'He really does care. And... I wanna care for him too.'

Joan stepped into Biology and found Alice sitting all by her lonesome in the tragic back corner of the room. She settled herself down nicely next to her, saying with a smile, "I never did get a chance to say thank you about being there yesterday. So... Thank you, it meant so much to me."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:24 pm

"Anytime," Alice smiled back, then leaned over to whisper, "By the way, I had a most curious vision of you and Edward. Care to fill me in? Edward won't."

Alice was dying to know what had happened, and she figured girl gossip was the only way to know.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Joan felt the tips of her ears heat up as she fiddled with her fingers distractedly, telling Alice in a low whisper, "It's... what exactly did you see?"

'Why does talking about it feel like betrayal of the worst kind? Because it involves you and your best friend, who both have significant others! And the relationship's teetering on its edge anyway, since Edward totally went from trying to seduce me to loving me and I've had no time to actually process it and...

'Whoa, girl. Slow down. The only thing you know for certain is that Victor loves you and you love Victor and Bella loves Edward but Edward loves Bella and you! And you might be in lust with Edward at worst... This... Too much. Stop thinking. Now.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Alice watched Joan carefully for a few minutes, deciding how to word it.

"Well...I saw...you and Edward...you know," she whispered quietly. "You went to the beach last might and ran into him there, didn't you? Jasper kind of pissed him off, which made him run off to the beach in the first place."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Joan bent her head down so she wouldn't show how flustered her face looked. 'God, this is absolutely embarrassing. This is worse than the whole dating Mike thing except now, I look like a whore!'

Joan nodded meekly, responding softly, "I-we... got caught up in the moment. I just told him that after the conversation in the car, I didn't want to be in a relationship where we're only there to give each other... a good time, if you know what I mean. And then, he tells me he loves me and..."

She whispered the last part, mortified, "Kissed me." 'It wasn't that bad. He was actually pretty damn good for a first kiss,' she admitted to herself, 'But that doesn't make this any less WRONG.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 pm

"Jo, you shouldn't be ashamed," Alice whispered sympathetically. "Just don't freak out. Do you love Victor? Or at least care about him?"

Oh, Joanie, don't worry! she thought to herself. As long as no one saw you, you're good. And you'll make the right choice, hon. I know it.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:53 pm

"But I am ashamed!" Joan whispered in a panicked voice, "I feel like I'm stringing along two guys! One's my best friend, who's already got a girlfriend and my boyfriend, who cares about me and loves me and respects me!

"And I care for them both and it's not fair to Edward if I just leave him with some irrational choices but I can't leave Victor... Oh, my head hurts..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:58 pm

"Joanie, listen to me. Edward feels the same way," Alice whispered. "Don't go thinking you're the only confused one, Eddy boy is going through his own personal hell. I think that you two should either accept each other as FRIENDS ONLY and go about your life, or if you two are truly in love, break things off with Victor and Bella. Just talk it out with each other, okay?" she muttered for both Joan and Edward's benefit, who was surely eavesdropping from the next room.

"Do you think you can do that?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Joan nodded a bit absentmindedly when Mr. Banner finally came in, telling the class to settle down and copy the warm-up. She pushed her hair behind her ear, sighing softly, 'Will it turn out to be THAT simple? I highly doubt it... But then again, I doubted that I couldn't stop the Volturi, I couldn't stand up to my mother, vampires were real, and... Wow, I've been really wrong about a lot of things.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Normal" Day at Forks High
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind :: World :: Forks, Washington-
Jump to: