A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monster Of The Grisliest Kind

HomeHome  AMOTGKAMOTGK  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Dear Alice, does anyone even remember this site? Sad Love, Joan

A "Normal" Day at Forks High

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 788
Karma Points : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-21

A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Alice did the work Mr. Banner assigned, then passed Joan a note:

Brushing all boy drama aside, wanna go to the mall with me later?

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes! Alice thought desperately, needing Joan to agree so she could put her plan with Edward in action.
Back to top Go down
http://missalicecullen1901.wordpress.com
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

Number of posts : 354
Karma Points : 360
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Joan glanced over the note when she heard Mr. Banner ask, "Ms. Taylor, what's the answer to number three?"

She crumpled up the note and curled her hand into a fist around it, replying as the class went quiet, "The metaphase." He nodded and continued on asking other students questions. She pulled the paper out of her hand and read it over.

Joan gave a timid smile and wrote back a scratchy reply,

Yeah, sure.
Back to top Go down
http://uglylipstick.wordpress.com/
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Awesome, pick you up at five?

"Ms. Cullen, may I see your notes?" Mr. Banner inquired, making his way to the two girls.

"Yes," Alice replied, showing him her perfectly penned notes. "Is there a problem?"

"No," he replied gruffly, then went back to the front of the class. "As I was saying..."

Once Mr. Banner's back was turned, Alice passed the note back to Joan.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Joan took the note and nodded before ripping it up as Mr. Banner came over to her desk, asking, "Ms. Taylor, may I speak to you outside the classroom?" She stood up and followed Mr. Banner, which caused everyone to go quiet.

Once he had closed the door, he asked immediately, "Who hit you?"

Joan was startled by the sudden interrogation and somewhat concern, "What?"

"Who hit you? Your boyfriend? One of your friends? Your father? Who?"

"Uh, no one, Mr. Banner," Joan replied honestly, "I just hit my head hard this morning when I walked out of the house."

Mr. Banner stepped a little closer, talking in a reproachful tone that reminded her of a parent, "Joan, you don't have to make up excuses. You can tell me, you can tell any of your teachers... Just don't hide it or lie about it."

Joan gave a half-smile as she explained softly, "Thanks for the concern, Mr. Banner, but I really did have a clumsy moment this morning. I... didn't get any sleep last night so I was really out of it," she paused, thinking, 'Still am.' She then continued, "And I think if someone was beating up on me, I could defend myself."

Mr. Banner gave her a skeptical look but led her back into the classroom with five minutes left 'til the end of class. Joan began to pack up her things, thinking , 'I never would have thought Mr. Banner to be a caring type.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:09 pm

"Oh wow, I can't believe he did that," Alice was astonished. "He's not the concerned, parental type at all."

She looked at the bruise on Joan's forehead again. "You're going to get a hell of a lot more of that crap unless you do something about it."

Alice got out her make-up bag and began rummaging through it, "Fortunately, I saw that I would need my make-up bag, even though I don't wear any."

She pulled out a tube of concealer, "I think this is your color..."

The pixie vampire then began to put the concealer on Joan's forehead, covering up the bruise. "There, that ought to do it. Just don't let your forehead get wet, I know it says waterproof, but it still might rub off."

Alice looked at Joan for a minute, then put on concealer under her eyes, blending it perfectly. "Now you don't look like hell," she remarked, then took out her blush compact and rubbed a bit of color onto Joan's cheeks, giving her a rosy glow.

"Done," she announced after she put away her make-up bag. "I think you look a lot better."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Joan chuckled a bit, feeling the make-up on her face and resisting the urge to itch it off. She said sardonically, "Now I definitely look like an abuse victim. Covering up my bruises and telling people I walk into doors."

'God, I hope I didn't scare Victor with it. I wouldn't want him to worry too much about this. It'll be gone in a couple days. Hopefully.' The bell rang as everyone scuttled out of the classroom to their second period. She sighed, swinging her backpack over her shoulder before giving Alice a sweet smile, "See you at lunch."

Joan walked out of the classroom and blended into the crowd in the hallway, slowly making her way to 2nd period, Calculus.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Alice returned the smile, "See ya." Then she made her way through the crowd to her second period, English with Edward. She sat down in her usual back corner seat, waiting for Edward to show up. Fortunately, she didn't have to wait long. He walked in, and took his seat next to her.

"Hello, Dr. Phil," Edward joked. "Very good advice you gave. Thank you."

"Anytime," Alice smiled before, "Joan agreed, we can go on with the Plan."

"Great, poor Jasper," he chuckled. "Are you telling Emmett?"

"Later," she giggled. "He might TELL Jasper."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

As Joan was walking to her Calculus, she was suddenly pulled down the little hallway towards the main entrance. Mike told her hurriedly, dragging her by the arm, "Cop's off duty today. Totally dope day for skipping."

Joan pulled her arm free from his grip, wanting to yell at Mike but couldn't help but grin as she asked, "Did you really just say, 'dope'?" She began to crack up as they walked out to the parking lot towards Tyler's van where Tyler, Jessica, Lauren, and Victor were waiting.

Tyler grinned as he laughed along, "He totally did."

Jessica climbed into the back followed by Joan when Joan asked, "So where are we going?"

Victor settled in next to Joan as Lauren explained, "There's some indie benefit concert up in Seattle. My brother runs the joint so he can smuggle us in. And it starts in an hour and half, so Tyler, sweetie, get your ass in the car and burn rubber."

Joan and Mike stifled a laugh at how whipped Tyler was as he did what his girlfriend said.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:47 pm

"You're right," Edward laughed before his face turned into a mask of fury for a second. "She's leaving. With them," he snarled.

"Calm down, Eddy, it's perfectly healthy to skip," Alice was nonchalant. "Joan's smart, she won't hurt herself again."

"You're probably right, why do I care? I have Bella," he seemed to be talking to himself more than Alice. "Joan's just my best friend. That's all."

"No, it's not. Stop deluding yourself," warned Alice quietly. "You should be totally honest with yourself. Or else you'll end up hurting not just yourself, but those around you."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:59 pm

Joan stumbled back into the van, hammered drunk from the drinks passed around at the concert. She babbled out with a lazy smile, "S'hat shit was intenses."

Jessica crashed in next to her, laughing her head off at Joan's comment, "Fucsh yeash ish was! WOOOO!" She fell against Joan hiccuping, both of them still laughing. Tyler and Lauren climbed into the backseat, not as drunk as the two girls but still pretty intoxicated. They couldn't keep their hands off each other as they slid into their seats.

Mike and Victor, the two sober, designated drivers slipped into the driver and passenger seat, respectively. Vic turned around and asked his girlfriend, "What did you think of the concert?"

Joan replied with a cheery smile, "It wass as greats as yous in beds! Ha ha, 'cept we've never slept togethers... Not yets, at least!" Jessica began giggle as she laid her throbbing head on Joan's lap.

She told her best friend, "Yous so beeautiful in ever!"

Joan replied with a catlike grin, "And yous dead gorgeous!"

Mike and Victor turned to each other with raised eyebrows until their imaginations started turning and they grinned wildly, shouting, "WOOHOO!" as they sped off.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:04 pm

"Are you sure she won't do anything stupid?" Edward asked.

"Yes, I know Joan," Alice replied.

"Can you see what she's doing? Please, Alice?" he pleaded.

"Fine," Alice stared off into the distance as she focused in on Joan. "She's fine, she's just at a concert, nothing unusual."

"Alright. Thank you," he said, then added, "And your previous comment...have I ever hurt you, Alice?"

"No," she shook her head, keeping her mind blank.

"Okay," he was quiet.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Joan petted back Jessica's hair, who was busy planning with the strings on the back of Joan's shirt. Joan giggled lightly, saying, "S'hat tickles stop!"

Jessica giggled with her before sliding her hand past the strings and onto Joan's bare back, leaning in closer to Joan's face when suddenly, Mike swerved the car into the next lane, shouting, "Fucking Christ! Goddamn driver doesn't know where the fuck he was."

During the swerve, Joan had managed to bonk herself on the forehead where her growing bruise was. "Owww, shit..." Joan said, clutching at her head tightly. Jessica moved away from Joan, feeling guilty as if she had hurt her best friend.

Victor unbuckled his seat belt and climbed back over the heated couple, towards his girlfriend, "Did you hit your head again?"

Joan nodded, feeling her head clear up a bit with the pain. She bit her lip, hissing in pain as Victor gently removed her fingers and smoothed away the makeup, sucking in a breath. "Joan," he asked gently, "did you really hit your head? Or did someone hit you?"

"No, no. No one I know would hits me," Joan replied, growing dizzier from the pain and alcohol.

"Except Edwards Cullens!" Jessica shouted as she slumped back into the passenger seat, with Mike holding her hand as he drove a little more carefully.

Victor turned back to Joan and asked, "Is there anything about Edward that I should know about?"

Joan giggled a bit, whispering softly, "He loves me... And I think I might like him."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:34 pm

"Goddamn," Alice growled once she saw Joan in her latest vision.

"What is it, Alice?" Edward asked, although he already knew. "No...she didn't..."

"Oh yes," she nodded grimly.

"SHE TOLD HIM ABOUT US?" his whisper was nearly a shout to Alice's sensitive ears.

"Yes, but aren't you worried? Joan was DRUNK, she could tell our secret!" she cried out. "I'm scared, Edward. What if she tells? We'll have to move again!"

Edward put a consoling hand on Alice's shoulder. "We'll chalk it up to teenage drunkenness. And Carlisle can always sue with slander."

"I don't WANT any more lawsuits!" she was upset.

"Calm down, Alice," Edward warned. "We're in public..."

The bell rang, releasing the students to lunch. Alice and Edward made their way to the Cullen's table in the cafeteria, where Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett were waiting for them.

"Alice?! What's wrong?" Jasper got up and went over to her.

"It's Joan...I think she's going to tell..." Alice hung her head dejectedly.

"Ha! I TOLD YOU!" Rosalie smirked.

Jasper pulled Alice to him in a comforting hug. "Don't worry, I doubt she'll tell, unless she's drunk."

"She is," Alice whispered.

"Oh..." everyone was quiet.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Victor paled at Joan's words, which caused concern and fear to bile up in her stomach. She clutched her stomach tightly, inching a bit closer to her boyfriend as she placed a warm hand on his cold face, "H-hey, y-you all right-t?"

He shook his head slowly, his eyes clouding over with anger and disappointment as he clutched her arms tight, bringing her face to face with him. He asked in a calm, stern tone, "What did you guys do together?"

Joan shuddered visibly at his dark, intense gaze and the anger hidden in his voice as she looked away, mumbling, "I just... We kissed and-"

He shook her roughly, causing her vision to spin as he asked again, more fiercely this time, "What did YOU do?!"

"I kissed him, okay?! Nothing else, I swear to God, nothing... nothing..." She clamped a hand over her mouth as she felt something shift in her stomach from all the spinning in her head. "M-mike? P-pull over," she stuttered out, pushing past Victor to get closer to the door.

But he held tight to her wrist, yanking her back to him as he asked with doubt, "Is that all?"

"YES! YES, that's ALL! I LOVE you, Vic! With all my heart! I had a stupid, lusty moment with my best friend! But I love you! I really do!" Joan blurted out before clamping her hand over her mouth again, embarrassed by her sudden confusion and nervous about the pain in her stomach.

Mike had slowed down the car at the side of the road but Joan had already jumped out, stumbling in what looked to be running before doubling over in some brushes. She fell to her knees, coughing up the vomit and feeling tears fall down her face.

A hand touched her back timidly and she whipped her head up to see Victor standing there, with a soft look in his eyes. 'He looks lost... and concerned...' Joan mused before turning around to keep upchucking her breakfast.

'I told him I loved him. Now what?'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Alice shuddered as she underwent another vision, trying to block Edward from reading her mind by turning it off suddenly.

"Alice...was that?" Edward was confused.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she replied serenely.

"But Alice, what happened?"

"Nothing! Okay?!" she snapped.

Edward was hurt. "Alright, then."

"I'm sorry, Edward, but it's best if you learn yourself. From Joan," Alice's voice was definite.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:01 pm

When Joan was done throwing up, she felt a little better but very, very weak. Her head was throbbing uncontrollably and all that alcohol had done its tow on her body tonight. Victor picked her up and helped her back to the van, whispering into her ear sweetly, "Oh and I love you too. Thanks for... being honest with me."

She smiled up at him warmly, "It's what I do best." They both managed a quiet laugh as they settled into the backseat with Mike already veering onto the road home.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:03 pm

"Alice? Please tell me," Edward begged, but she just shook her head.

"It's not my decision to tell you, it's Joan's," Alice explained. "It'd be a total invasion of her privacy if I were to tell you."
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 pm

That night, Alice didn't pick up Joan to take her to the mall. 'Wow, this is... odd,' was all she could come up with as she laid in bed, flipping through an old fairy tale book her grandmother had given her many birthdays ago.

'But, I'm glad I got spared the trip to the mall,' Joan thought as she reached over and sipped her hot, green tea. Her head had been clear ever since she got home and her father got on her case about skipping to go to an all day concert and getting drunk. She admitted it was a stupid thing to do and she should've made better choices. Her father let it go, noticing how tired his daughter looked already. Well, he gave her some cream for the swelling on her forehead before he let her go up to her room.

'My dad is the absolute best,' Joan thought nostalgically, reaching up to feel the somewhat smaller bruise on her forehead. She glanced into the mirror with a half-smile; her bruise had changed from an ugly blackish purple to a lighter gray that was slowly morphing to a ugly yellow.

'But why didn't Alice come? Wait... She didn't see...? Oh shit! She probably did! And then Edward,' Joan sat up in a panic, reminiscing about how she had told her boyfriend, Vic, she loved him.

"You... love him?" Edward's placid snarl came from the corner of her room near the half-opened window. The breeze rolled in, smelling like fresh rain and mossy plants.

"I... I do," she repeated with firm resolve, staring up at her best friend. 'How the hell does he always appear out of nowhere?!'

Edward took long strides, pacing up and down her room in front of her bed. She only watched with mild interest, feeling some sort of calm wash over her. 'I know what I want. I know who I love. I know what I'm doing.'

"Do you? Do you REALLY?" Edward snapped at her, suddenly appearing in her face, his cool breath washing over her face. She shivered as he continued, his gaze unwavering, "Do you realize how much... pain I'm in right now?! I can't even fathom how you can be so calm, so indifferent-"

"Wait. One. Minute," Joan said matter-of-factly, holding her hand up to his face, "I am NOT being indifferent about this. You are making this a bigger deal than it should be. I thought I was in love with you. But then, I realized something, Edward.

"You would never treat me as your equal. You would always decide what's best for me. I wouldn't be able to stand on my two feet without you there to support me. And if I disagreed with anything you said, you would guilt me by saying our love wasn't true enough and I didn't trust enough and some other bullshit like that.

"That's why vampires and humans are not designed to be mates for one another. Vampires will always want what's best for them, never for the human. And I can't have that kind of... abusive relationship with you.

"We're better off being friends because then you'll respect me and my opinions because I'm a close-confident and not your subservient wife. And you, of all people, should know that I'm as sure as hell am never going to be sent back into the kitchen unless if I WANT to. Understand why I love Victor now and not you like that?"

He remained silent, their stare never breaking off. Finally, Edward sighed and his eyes shone with remorse but he looked impressed by her boldness to stand up to him. 'Like he's always been,' she remarked to herself.

Edward leaned forward, his scent numbing her senses slower as he asked seductively, "Are you... absolutely sure that we... can never..." He pressed his lips to her, wrapping his arms around her back. But Joan remained absolutely still, chanting in her mind, 'I love someone else. He's just my friend. Nothing more.'

He pulled away with a huff of disappointment as Joan told him, "You have Bella. You love Bella and she loves you in a way that I never can. Go to her. She deserves you more than I need you here."

Edward looked hurt but Joan was firm in her stance of "only friends". He sighed, giving a crooked-smile, "That is something I always love about you, Jo. Bold, determined, even in the face of danger. The face of death."

And then he disappeared from her sight.

Joan let out a long breath, feeling a heavy burden being lifted from her heart through her shoulders and out of her body. She took in a deep breath through her nose, embracing the closure of her relationships.

'I may like doing all this fast. But it pays off when I'm on quick on my feet. I haven't felt so relaxed since I actually believed that my mother cared about me. I've never felt so... alive yet peaceful. I... could have a good life ahead of me.'

Last edited by Joan Taylor on Fri May 01, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Alice crept out of the Cullen house and to the beach, where she knew Edward was probably moping. Poor guy, he doesn't know what he's doing, going up against Joan...At least he has Bella, she thought to herself as she parked her car and walked over to Edward, who was sitting on the shore, gazing out at the sea gloomily.

"How'd it go?" she asked calmly.

"You know how it went," Edward replied sourly. "Could've told me, warned me about it, but no, you had to be all freaking NOBLE on me and keep quiet."

"I'm sorry," Alice apologized. "But you understand why I did it, it's not that I don't care, it's just..."

"You care more about Joan than me," he accused. "That's why, isn't it, Alice?"

"Edward, please," her voice shook. "I've known you for the past half of a century, I could never care more about anyone else than I do you, or Jasper, or Carlisle, or Esme, or Emmett, and even Rosalie!"
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Joan rolled over on to her stomach and stretched up, thinking, 'Maybe, I was a little too harsh on him. But he really is like a child, with his freaking narcissism and expects everyone to meet only his demands... Other than his God complex, he is a sweet guy. A bit of a perfectionist but nonetheless, a good guy.

'Huh, why does it take so long to find my own flaws but it takes like five seconds for me to point out someone else's? Is it a gift? Intuition? I think about that tomorrow, in Theory of Knowledge...'

"Right now," she told herself as she slipped under the covers, "It's sleep time."
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:58 pm

"Thanks, sis," Edward sighed. "But no matter what you do or say, I'll always love her."

"I think you should tell Bella, it's unfair to her if you keep lusting after Joan," Alice advised. "If you don't want to hurt Bella, you'd better be upfront and honest, or get over Jo."

I know it's harsh, but it's true. Sorry, she thought sadly. I'd do the same thing to Jazz should I ever fall in love with someone, oh, like, Eric Yorkie?

"You and Eric Yorkie?" Edward raised an eyebrow.

"Hypothetical only!" Alice pouted.

"I'm telling Jasper!" he smirked, glad to have SOMETHING to take his mind off Joan. He got into his car and sped off, laughing. Alice sighed, then followed him in her car. Edward, you better not say anything to Jazz! she thought violently.

"Jasper! Jasper!" Edward cried out as he pulled up at their house. "I have something to tell you about Alice!"

"What?' Jasper asked calmly.

"ALICE HAS THE HOTS FOR ERIC YORKIE!" Edward yelled happily as Alice pulled up.

"You jerk! I never said that!" she glared at Edward.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:13 pm

------------The Next Day----------------

Joan blinked her eyes open, before closing them to shield herself from the bright light that was leaking in. Her limbs were sore and heavy from a very long night's sleep. She braced herself for the bright light, finally opening her eyes all the way.

Her entire room was filtered with sunlight, making it look bright and cheery, rather than its usual dark and lonely. She sat up slowly, running her hand through her hair absentmindedly, as she yawned loudly. Stretching, she stepped out of bed and glanced at the alarm clock. 7:11 am.

'Dang, I'm up early. Might as well use the time,' Joan reasoned as she walked into her closet, pulling out a light green graphic tank top and jean shorts. After getting dressed, she brushed her hair back from her face, contemplating whether to grow it out. 'Long hair for college? May be interesting...'

Joan shrugged and grabbed her backpack along with her keys and cell phone and walked downstairs where her father was reading the newspaper in the kitchen. He looked up and smiled, saying, "You're up early."

"Got some sleep last night."

"Looks like you did. And the bruise is clearing up."

"Really?" She asked, bewildered. She glanced into the mirror over the cupboard, seeing the bruise already a yellowish color that was slowly blending back in with her skin. She grinned, saying, "Damn. That was fast. But next time, I'll watch out for lurking door frames."

Her father gave a hearty laugh before gesturing to the made up breakfast for her, saying, "You should probably get going. Unless if you want to sit and eat with me and be late, like you usually are."

Joan picked up the breakfast and kissed her dad on the cheek, giving him a quick hug as she told him, "As much as I love our conversations over food, I'd like to be on time to school and not be a hectic mess."

He nodded, picking the newspaper back up as he said, "Bye, sweetheart."

"Bye dad!" Joan called out as she went outside into the summer-like morning, with the sun shining bright and everything warming up quickly. 'Guess this is a sign of a new beginning. High school's ending soon... And then, college, a career, a family... Man, life does go by fast.'
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:25 pm

"Are you going to school today?" Alice showed up suddenly by Edward's door. Hearing no response, she entered his room.

"Edward?" she asked as she scanned his room, looking for him. She noticed a note on his pillow:

Alice,
I know you'll probably be the first to read this, so I ask you to not tell anyone what I am about to say: I ran away. I'm not too terribly far away, but it's far enough away from Joan. Please tell Carlisle and Esme not to worry, I am fine, and do NOT go looking for me.
Thanks, Edward

"Oh, Eddy," Alice closed her eyes in thought. Then she destroyed the note by tearing it to shreds, reducing it to powder.

"Alice? What are you doing in here?" Jasper appeared by the door without warning. "Where's Edward?"

"He's...not here," Alice chose her words carefully. "Don't worry, he'll be back soon."

"Alright," Jasper nodded, then added, "It's sunny out, Carlisle says we're not going to school today."

"Oh, good," Alice sighed in relief, not wanting to endure the probable awkwardness with Joan. It'll give me time to look for Edward, she thought.

"Did Edward...run away?" Jasper asked curiously.

"Yes..." Alice admitted. "But I don't know where."

"And you intend to find him and make him happy once more," Jasper assumed. "You're not going, Alice."

"What? Why not? He-"

"He needs to be alone," he went on calmly. "Time to heal. By himself."

"Fine," she conceded.
Back to top Go down
Joan Taylor
Human
Joan Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:23 pm

As Joan pulled up into her usual parking spot, her window was smacked with a water balloon. It made her jump out of her skin as she swore under her breath. There was laughter near by as she looked out and saw the guys chasing each other around with buckets of water balloons.

Joan stepped out of her car carefully, ducking when an airborne one hit the car next to her, spraying her a bit. She giggled a bit and navigated through the balloon war towards Tyler's Van, where Jessica, Angela, and a soaked Lauren were sitting.

Joan sidestepped another balloon and asked, "I'm guessing-"

"Just because it's a nice day out doesn't mean he can freaking pelt me with water balloons! God, he's such an asshole sometimes," Lauren complained as she held her wet hair that curling up again tight in her hand.

Jessica poked her lightly, saying with a friendly smile, "Yeah but you still love him."

Lauren sighed and nodded, resigned. Joan took pity on the blond girl and climbed in behind her, taking the black elastic she kept on her wrist. She gently pulled the hair out of Lauren's hand and into a low ponytail, brushing it gently back over her shoulder.

Lauren turned around and looked at her with gentle eyes; there was no smile, she saved those for when she was with Tyler. Joan nodded in return when her hand hit something hard and made of plastic. She picked it up curiously as the other girls turned to see what she was doing.

Angela's eyes widened, "Is that a-"

"Yes," Joan cut her off, her eyes suddenly gleaming with mischief as she pumped the water gun before jumping out of the car and scoping the parking lot to see where the boys were. They were terrorizing a group of freshmen waiting on the steps. Joan said as she run off, "Be right back."

"Ha, take that, Dean! What'cha going do about it?!" Tyler shouted as he continued to belt the lacrosse team's new defense with water balloons.

"I don't know boys. One-sided fights are never fun," The four boys froze and turned around to see Joan equipped with a full-loaded water gun.

Victor grinned at the sight of his girlfriend but Mike taunted her, lifting his half-filled bucket as he informed her, "But we have more ammunition than you. You'll be soaking wet before you even land a hit."

The guys chorused an "Oh!" as Mike and Tyler pounded fists. Joan rolled her eyes and challenged back with a smug grin, "And I bet you'll be out of balloons before you even hit me. And then, we'll see who gets soaked."

The guys' cheering stopped as they got ready to start the war. Joan kept her defensive stance as students around them stood on the sidelines, waiting for an epic battle.

Finally, Mike yelled, "ATTACK!"

The boys started throwing balloons as Joan ran back into the parking lot, narrowing avoiding several balloons as she ducked around and under several cars. She could feel a light spray from every balloon that almost made contact but none had actually hit her.

She stepped out from behind an Honda where suddenly, a green balloon hit the window right by her head. She gripped the pump tightly, aiming it directly at Eric in front of her. She squeezed the trigger, squirting him in the face. He was momentarily distracted so she took the advantage to run off towards the next row of cars. She rolled under a high rise Jeep and wanted for her next victim.

A pair of flip flops stopped in front of the Jeep and the person seemed to be looking around. 'One shot,' she thought as she squirted the back of the guy's thighs. Ignoring the urge to see his reaction, she rolled out through the back and looked up to see it was Vic. His eyes caught her in a heated stare.

He reached into his bucket and pulled out a blue balloon. He threw it with deadly accuracy and force at her. Joan watched it carefully and then dove to catch it. It almost broke in her fingers but she kept her palm open so it merely bounced once before she threw it back at him. Vic wasn't expecting it back so he got slammed hard in the chest.

Joan ran off towards the picnic tables when a voice called out, "Stop. Right. There."

She froze in her track and turned to see Tyler and Mike with three balloons in each of their hands. She got her water gun ready to shoot.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Vampire
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Emmett walked into Edward's bedroom, noticing Alice and Jasper in argument in the room. "Hey guys, what's up?" he asked as he sat down on Edward's couch.

"Nothing," Alice replied as Jasper nodded in agreement.

"Right," he said dubiously. "You two were arguing, Edward's not here, and I think the two are related."

Alice and Jasper exchanged a quick glance, surprised by Emmett's quick thinking.

"So, is anyone gonna explain, or am I gonna have to find out myself?" Emmett raised an eyebrow.

"The latter," Alice replied coolly.

"Then this means...I'm going to Carlisle," he countered.

"No!" her eyes widened. If Emmett were to go to Carlisle, then he'd know Edward ran away, and Edward didn't want anyone to know.

"Fine, I'll tell you," Alice agreed, then lied a little. "Edward ran away, and so Jasper and I were arguing over when he'd come back, nothing more."

"Whatever," Emmett shrugged, then jumped out the window, into the nearby forest.

"I'm going out," Alice headed for the door.

"No, you aren't," Jasper growled. "I'm telling you, he needs to be alone!"

"And I think he needs me!" Alice cried.

"Can't we just enjoy the sun and think about a plan of action regarding Eddy boy tomorrow?" he pleaded.

Alice sighed, "Fine, I guess you're right..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Normal" Day at Forks High   A "Normal" Day at Forks High - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

A "Normal" Day at Forks High
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next